Borneo Python Excretion... CHECK THIS OUT IT'S HUGE - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
Tombot
Borneo Python Excretion... CHECK THIS OUT IT'S HUGE

Forgive me if this is n00b, I'm just in amazement of this. I have owned this Borneo (hatched in October 2011, so about 9 months old) since November. She has only excreted a handful of times, but hasn't for probably the past four months. I was worried at first, but after browsing forums and consulting those with more expertise, was reassured that this is normal for this species. They only shed and excrete a handful of times a year.

The question I have is- is this normal? Or rather, is this a sign of a healthy borneo? Any feedback with more experience is appreciated.

*note* the hide and water bowl were removed from the cage to take the picture and I cleaned the enclosure shortly after.
Attached Images

Old 07-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
condor53
Im sorry to say I have no idea if that is normal or not, but that looks like it came from a Great Dane!

Connor

Old 07-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
Shadera
Goodness, that IS impressive.

Looks well formed and all that, so I wouldn't think it's a problem.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
bloodybaroness
That is pretty normal for those types. The consistency is good and well formed.

Wait till she is full grown... those are some MASSIVE poos.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
hadenglock
It is common in captivity for bloods to pass stools like this. One of the biggest problems with them however is also constipation, because they are so sendintary. My advice is handle him alot, this will give him exercise and help him get him to pass bowel movements.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #6
stolenheron
looks like normal stool, just giant.

handling and even soaking my coax him into doing his business more often. I only briefly owned a blood, but a BIG water dish (sometimes even placing a heat pad under it so the water would be lukewarm) will help him "let loose" haha.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #7
curtusforum.org
That is definatley normal. Don't be alarmed.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:42 AM   #8
Mooing Tricycle
Helena will have a good one for me soon enough... lol, normal

Old 07-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #9
Snake-Queen
Good gravy! I thought my male RTB was bad! That is very impressive. LOL

Old 12-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #10
ParadigmExotics
Just wait until it gets full grown. My female blood passes urates bigger then chicken eggs!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!