Info Thomas Dorn - aeterrabyte - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
laterob
Thomas Dorn - aeterrabyte

On December 3, I sent Thomas Dorn one of my snakes which arrived on 12/4. I PM'd him, here, on the 4th to see if she had made it okay. On the 10th, he said that she was fine and he fed her. I heard from him again on Sunday, 12/23 when he told me that she is not doing well. Now, suddenly, she has IBD.

I brought the issue to the BP discussion forum and continued emailing Thomas. After piecing together that he fed her a F/T mouse on Saturday 22nd and/but force-fed her water on Sunday the 23rd, I am now of the opinion that Thomas has somehow caused harm to this snake. His continued threats/blackmail/accusations of IBD make me that much more suspicious.

Please, Thomas, take that snake to the vet before she dies!

Please see below for emails and PMs. I know there aren't headers. Somebody please PM me how I can clean up the conversations/timelines.

I would like you to take her back before she is dead. Otherwise it's going to make it harder. I will bring her to the vet and get a diagnosis to show my credit card company. They are going to say it's IBD because they don't know about wobble. But I will let them know. She is not able to eat or drink like this.

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Thomas Dorn <dorn.thomas@gmail.com> wrote:

The force fed water thing is not an issue. It's just a small drop of water in her mouth. You seem to be hung up on that. Nothing in the snake is swollen. The throat is not swollen, but she is displaying symptoms of IBD and yea she should not have been sold. With her condition this bad i don't think she can eat or drink. I was going to try feeding her again. Sometimes the wobble gets all of a sudden if that is what it is.

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Rob Hutchinson <laterob39@yahoo.com> wrote:

The snake was fine...for weeks. You fed it F/T, which it took of it's own accord, on Saturday. On Sunday, you force-fed it water because you thought it was dehydrated. Now it's throat is swollen, and she (overnight) displays symptoms of IBD and shouldn't have been sold?

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 26, 2012, at 1:17 PM, Thomas Dorn <dorn.thomas@gmail.com> wrote:

If the snake has IBD i would rather you not start a tread on fauna because that would be bad for both of our businesses. You should just do the right thing and refund the money and I will give you the snake back. It is within 30 days.

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Thomas Dorn <dorn.thomas@gmail.com> wrote:

I have been keeping these things for awhile now and theres no over heating, and your beliefs are wrong. If I made a mistake then i would admit it. That is not the cast, I should not have been sold this snake. I am not going to pay for it. either by refunding (the easy way) or disputing the charge, and you will just get charged back the amount in your paypal.

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Thomas Dorn <dorn.thomas@gmail.com> wrote:

Nothing over heated. I have a herpastat2. The snake as IBD or some serious head wobble. I will pay the shipping to send the snake back to you. She is still alive. I am just not happy with this one. Maybe you should have not breed spider to spider. You also have boas that could be the source of the IBD if that is the case. I would rather send the snake back to you, then for you to be charged back and have nothing at the end.

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 1:55 PM, Rob Hutchinson <laterob39@yahoo.com> wrote:

Thomas...after a lot of thought, I have decided not to refund your money. My belief is that you tube-fed the snake water after her cage/rack overheated and she is showing signs of that in the video. I will start a thread on this transaction on the BOI at FaunaClassifieds.com so that we can get other's opinions as to what should be done.

To: "laterob39@yahoo.com" <laterob39@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2012 11:15 PM
Subject: Re: Killerbee update

i am keeping her away from my other snakes. I can send her back but I don't know if you would even want that.

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 12:59 AM, Thomas Dorn <dorn.thomas@gmail.com> wrote:

Attached is a video of the snake. I really hope this snake does not have IBD. All of my snakes are healthy and I don't want to infect them. This is way beyond a normal spider head wobble. I don't know what you want to do with this snake. I think she should be put down. I would like my money back. I am really upset about this.

On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Thomas Dorn <dorn.thomas@gmail.com> wrote:

That snake is not doing very well. She did have a slight head wobble which was acceptable but now it seems to be very very bad. She did eat but then got very dehydrated from not drinking. I tube fed her some water. I don't know if she is going to live or not i am kind of very worried about her.

sorry about the paypal thing, and also she was eating f/t small mice. Water has always been in there, but she knocked it over a few times. This is pretty unfortunate I really don't know what happened, and just all of a sudden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laterob
Can you tell me more? What did/do you feed her? Is your setup good (80/90, hide, water bowl big enough to soak in, good humidity,..).

I don't mean to offend, but you say you fed her yesterday (Saturday?), then tube-fed her Sunday? I have never heard of tube-feeding water.

I am certain she doesn't have IBD. Mom, dad, and brother are here and are fine, with very little wobble.

Your snake looks swollen behind the head, near the top of her neck.

She seemed like a good eater when she was here. Has she eaten well for you?

Do you have a vet in the area that does reptiles? I'd like you to give her a couple days to digest Saturday's meal and recover from the tube-feeding and then take her in to a vet. I'll pay for the vet checkup.

If not, I can send you a shipping label (after Christmas) to return her, at which point I'll refund your payment.

I am going to challenge your Paypal dispute, though, and will issue a refund on my own terms.

I am sorry that this is happening...first time for me, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterrabyte
Quote:
I am glad to hear it. Thanks again!
I am sorry to say, but the snake is not doing very well. She ate yesterday but when I went in to check on her today she was having a very hard time moving around. I thought she might have actually been dead. I tube fed her some water because she looked dehydrated. I will let you know how she is tomorrow. She was fine for awhile I really don't know whats going on with her.

Quote:
Yea she is very nice, and ate also.

Quote:
Hi, Thomas!

Is she okay? D you like her?

Quote:
Phone is

732 678 7930

Quote:
Monday for Tuesday is fine. What's your phone number? I'll call Sunday or Monday to remind you :-). I shipped some snakes out two days ago and the guy wasn't home...first time that's happened. He got them at the hub, though, and they are fine.

Quote:
just emailes you on your yahoo

its

thomas dorn
404 e 30st
unit302
austin, tx 78705

Old 12-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
laterob
Here (click me) is the video that he sent me. Here (click me) are pictures of her from her ad (she's the 0.1 :-) ).

Here is a picture of her from her ad:

Old 12-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
aeterrabyte
Hey take my address down

Old 12-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #4
aeterrabyte
Video of the snake

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ga505udr17siv9b/DSCN0812.MOV

Old 12-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #5
aeterrabyte
The snake is going to the vet tomorrow at 4:20 I already made an appointment.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
aeterrabyte
There is no way I have caused harm to this little snake. I want the best for her. I am just disappointed with the snake i was sold by Rob Hutchinson. I have bought many snakes on fauna and have had no problems with anyone. This is the first. I am not making treats of IBD. Honesty there is no way of knowing until after she is dead. All I can tell you is something is very wrong with her and it is within his 30 day guarantee that he posted on the add. In my own opinion I think it could be IBD, or a severe defect from breeding spider x spider. I would like rob to accept the snake back and to refund my money. I am taking the snake to the vet tomorrow to rule out IBD. I know it comes from boas and rob deals with boas so it is just a suspicion that I have. She is very isolated from my other snakes and they all seem find at this point. I will keep you updated after I go to the vet tomorrow.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #7
Lucille
Unreasonable:

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Thomas Dorn <dorn.thomas@gmail.com> wrote:
I would rather send the snake back to you, then for you to be charged back and have nothing at the end.

Very reasonable:

Do you have a vet in the area that does reptiles? I'd like you to give her a couple days to digest Saturday's meal and recover from the tube-feeding and then take her in to a vet. I'll pay for the vet checkup.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #8
laterob
I look forward to speaking with the vet. Thomas, you were happy with the snake, and she ate on her own, on Saturday. Then you tube-fed her the next day. Why?

Old 12-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #9
Charlotte&Loki
I am no bp expert, but couldn't you have soaked her in water to rehydrate her instead of stressfully tube-watering her?

Old 12-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #10
aeterrabyte
I did soak her as well for sometime. It was no more stressful then opening her mouth. I just used a small piece of tubing to get some water into her mouth. She looked dehydrated. Her skin was dimpled and she was just sitting there half dead. She is having a hard time finding water with her condition. She is also not accepting food anymore.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
dorn.thomas@gmail.com, snakeg, thomas dorn, thomas dorn reptiles