Info Thomas Dorn - aeterrabyte - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #21
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterrabyte View Post
I did not force water into the snake. I used a small piece of tubing to get some water into her mouth. That is not what caused this. Actually thats probably why she is still alive right now. She was dehydrated because when I put water onto her skin the dimples went away. What stress did I cause her to make her neurological problem worse? When I got the package from rob the temperature was 110 degrees inside the box I check it with my IR gun could that have been it? She seemed ok when I got her even with the 110 degree temp

I find it hard to believe a Heat pack in temps below 60 would give a box temp of 110F when up in a plane. Unless this package was left out in a warm area, or on a truck floor near heat, i dont see the temps hitting that during winter months.

And 110 isnt all that hot to cause that much of a overheat in winter for a less than 24hour transit shipment! Some shipments during summer are exposed to them temps in the semi trailers and hubs and arrive fine.

But what you did with the water was unnecessary, and I dont see putting water on the skin causing anything to happen instantly. Takes hours to days for dehydration to go away.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #22
aeterrabyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte&Loki View Post
Why did you not mention that in the OP or to Rob?? Seems kind of important...
Now I see that it could be a factor in what is going on.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #23
aeterrabyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
I find it hard to believe a Heat pack in temps below 60 would give a box temp of 110F when up in a plane. Unless this package was left out in a warm area, or on a truck floor near heat, i dont see the temps hitting that during winter months.

And 110 isnt all that hot to cause that much of a overheat in winter for a less than 24hour transit shipment! Some shipments during summer are exposed to them temps in the semi trailers and hubs and arrive fine.

But what you did with the water was unnecessary, and I dont see putting water on the skin causing anything to happen instantly. Takes hours to days for dehydration to go away.
It may have been unnecessary, but it is also not what caused this. She had it before I tried to rehydrate her.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #24
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
It may have been unnecessary, but it is also not what caused this. She had it before I tried to rehydrate her.
Was the package delivered to your home or to a fedex hub.

According to weather records on Dec4th in your area was
Hi 78°F
Lo 58°F

So in the Hi 78 the inside temps of a truck could of been higher in the back and caused the heat pack to been hot. In your temps i wouldnt of even used a heat pack but im not sure on his temps the night before.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #25
aeterrabyte
regardless of what everyone says. I have a lot of snakes, and never had one die or get sick in any serious way. I have been keeping them for 2 years now. I know someone you have more experience then I but I am not a novice. I don't know about IBD because I never had to deal with it. Which is a good thing. The snake had something brewing and it just happen to pop up in my possession. I think rob should just take the snake back. I don't mind paying for the Vet tomorrow and also paying shipping back to rob. I feel bad that his breeding effort was in vain. It's a lot of work I know.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #26
aeterrabyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
Was the package delivered to your home or to a fedex hub.

According to weather records on Dec4th in your area was
Hi 78°F
Lo 58°F

So in the Hi 78 the inside temps of a truck could of been higher in the back and caused the heat pack to been hot. In your temps i wouldnt of even used a heat pack but im not sure on his temps the night before.
I check the temperature of the snake with the IR gun and it was 110 degrees. Like I put the gun to it's skin because it felt very hot.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #27
Micha
Quote:
She ate for me twice fresh killed and then frozen thawed. I was trying to transition her to frozen thawed. She was without heat for a day or so while i was getting her set up.
Why would you not have it set up before you got her instead of having her go without heat for " a day or so"?

Old 12-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #28
aeterrabyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micha View Post
Why would you not have it set up before you got her instead of having her go without heat for " a day or so"?
because I was just building a new rack. She did have some heat because I moved her around to make sure she had some head for some part of the day.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #29
laterob
Snake arrived on the 4th. On the 10th, he told me she was fine and ate. No mention of heat, no mention of lack of heat...she ate Saturday the 22nd.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #30
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
regardless of what everyone says. I have a lot of snakes, and never had one die or get sick in any serious way. I have been keeping them for 2 years now. I know someone you have more experience then I but I am not a novice. I don't know about IBD because I never had to deal with it. Which is a good thing. The snake had something brewing and it just happen to pop up in my possession. I think rob should just take the snake back. I don't mind paying for the Vet tomorrow and also paying shipping back to rob. I feel bad that his breeding effort was in vain. It's a lot of work I know.
Shipping Can cause all kinds of aliments to pop up that were never noticed. If the snake truly over heated due to the heat pack was too close thats one thing. You can ship spiders with minimal wobble, ship it and it can become a trainwreck for life.

But for the snake to not start doing this till what 2 weeks after having it seems odd. If it was over heated it would of showed signs of it the second you took it out of the box, which would explain why snake look dehydrated!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
dorn.thomas@gmail.com, snakeg, thomas dorn, thomas dorn reptiles