Where is the thread?... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 09-09-2005, 10:24 PM   #1
pogonadragon
Question Where is the thread?...

Where is the info on proper packaging of a test package to ship to FedEx's Package Test Lab? I could have sworn there was a thread on here about it. I could be wrong... any help would be nice. I'd like to get this all taken care of ASAP! Thanks.

Old 09-10-2005, 03:44 AM   #2
DAND
Is this the one you were thinking of?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=33533

Old 09-10-2005, 02:00 PM   #3
pogonadragon
Thank you... I couldn't find it, I guess I should have looked harder... ok, in addition to my previous question, what is the specific packaging you need to do for the test box and for the actual boxes you send with live reptiles in them? Believe me, I've been to FedEx's website, the only info I can find online is UPS's shipping stuff...
Thanks everyone!

Old 09-10-2005, 02:49 PM   #4
DThomas
These boxes will pass and the owners, Dan and Wendy, are good people.

http://www.exoticlizards.com/reptile...-supplies.html

Old 09-10-2005, 05:55 PM   #5
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogonadragon
Thank you... I couldn't find it, I guess I should have looked harder... ok, in addition to my previous question, what is the specific packaging you need to do for the test box and for the actual boxes you send with live reptiles in them? Believe me, I've been to FedEx's website, the only info I can find online is UPS's shipping stuff...
Thanks everyone!
You won't find packaging instructions/requirements FedEx's site - they do not specify how you package (although they could probably eliminate this step if they stated: In order to ship reptiles via FedEx, they must be packaged in the following manner... But then people wouldn't be happy because their box wasn't on the list) Anyway, after they receive the package, they do a series of tests - compression, drop, vibration - and open/inspect the inside. I will try to post my test results so you can see.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf fedex results.pdf (340.2 KB, 68 views)

Old 09-10-2005, 06:01 PM   #6
hhmoore
as for the question of how to package the box you send to them - I believe those instructions are on the test application. you do not necessarily need to overbox (package your test box inside another for shipping), but it is recommended. The only drawback is if you don't have a box big enough to fit your test package. Good luck. The process isn't all that bad...getting it started is usually the hardest part. Once my rep finally contacted me, I was done in 3 weeks.

Old 09-10-2005, 06:25 PM   #7
pogonadragon
Thank you all... having pictures makes it easier to understand (I don't read directions... I leave that to my husband!)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!