Lunch Time!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-29-2006, 11:48 PM   #1
Junkyard
Lunch Time!!!

Digging in

She likes it

Not sure about the camera

She really likes it

What a mess

Her favorite snack is the green tofu iguana cubes.

Old 03-30-2006, 03:38 PM   #2
coyote
Thank you Michael for sharing the pics.
Very cute commentary.

They have some of the funniest facial expressions (RE pic 3). They say a lot with the eyes alone.

Where in the heck do you get "green tofu iguana cubes"? I have never heard of them before. I rely on the alfalfa based iguana pellets and iguana "chow" in winter because the pickin's of fresh greens is pretty meager where I live. Any day now there will be dandelions. Smiley Guy will be beside himself with joy.

I'd like to see more of you post photos of your iguanas, and Iguanids.
Show us what you have!

Old 03-30-2006, 07:59 PM   #3
Junkyard
They certainly do have a world of expressions in their eyes alone.

The "green tofu iguana cubes" are made by Nature Zone, they are called Iguana Bites http://www.naturezonepet.com/samples.html they apparently give out free samples. She just loves them.

When I am out of fresh greens I use a mixture of Mazuri Iguana Diet, Iguana Cubes, and Monster Iguana Diet all together. The mixture of all three has increased her appetite. She was a rescue, her skin was almost black when we picked her up and she was underweight and she was missing a few toenails. Her spines have been starting to grow back too. She loves the fresh greens, but goes crazy for this mixture. I have seen her jump across the cage to get to the plate faster.

Old 03-30-2006, 11:16 PM   #4
coyote
Thanks for the reference. I try and use a mix of at least three different commercially prepared iguana pellets just to cover all bases.
Even when there is an abundant supply of greens, I still mix some pellets in.
My guy strongly prefers the fruity colored pellets best. This is one reason that he likes the bird's food so much. But, the bird food is grain based and as consequence is the wrong Cal:Phos ratio for iguanas. So, he isn't allowed to eat the bird food.

Handing out samples is a smart marketing technique. I expect SG will eat them. I am interested to read the list of ingredients.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!