Please read: Pending Lawsuit from Venomous Snake Bite - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-22-2004, 06:24 PM   #61
Seamus Haley
Vince, it's been asked of you several timesn and I don't remember seeing a straight answer.

How old are you?

Because you type like you're from the internet generation and have never seen a typewriter in your life... and give the impression that you think the words "are you" is spelled with two letters.

There's really nothing wrong with posting on threads if you feel you have something of value to add, but I've read a number of your posts and haven't once seen one that contributed anything meaningful or that you didn't end up apologizing for. Usually seven or eight times.

Rather than addressing your responses directly, I'm going to ask that you read my posts again and consider carefully what the words actually mean when placed in the order I had them. Try really hard to think about concepts such as hyperbole and sarcasm while you do so. Look them up if you have to.

Old 03-22-2004, 06:25 PM   #62
Mustangrde1
Vince

I actually know a couple 17 year olds that keep hots. I spoke to them both for some time before finding out how young they were. Now both in their 20s but when i first started speaking to them I would have sworn they were in their mid to late 30's Maturity level and Knowledge level were very high. 1 of then had actually been keeping since he was 12 years old. The parents were the Key in both these two kids lives and were there at all times with them being certain of safety. I spoke with the parents after finding out the kids ages and was very suprised to find out how in one of the cases it turned a d & f grade student in to a B grade student and changed his attitude around from being very disrespectful to very respectful. The other Parent said it guarented time together with their child and made for a stronger and better bond between them as a whole. Then again and I will say it again PARENTAL SUPERVISON AND SAFETY.

I liken this to my growing up. I was hunting with my family at a very young age 10 to be exact with a shotgun or rifle. It is very exceptable for a minor to hunt with a loaded firearm after taking a safety course and with adult supervision. We must remember our own youth in some cases and some of the things we took for granted others would have called crazy, insane, dangerous, life threatening. Anyone who started hunting at a young age did so with a gun or bow both very deadly weapons both in the hands of minors. Funny though how many of us lived. Then again I grew up in a time that parents and grandparents didnt work so many hours to keep up with the Jones and placed family higher then the dollar. Some days modern society really gets me down.

Granted I do not condone minors having hots but there are a few who can handle it with supervision. In this case though it was obviously not

Old 03-22-2004, 06:58 PM   #63
Vince
check the title of the thread. please stay on topic. by the way congradulations you are a pro on sneakly trying to insult someone. but please stay on the topic at hand. we are here to talk about this snakes sale then the bit of the kid and the pending lawsuit. not my age.

Old 03-22-2004, 07:05 PM   #64
Vince
scott, just so we are on the same page. I am in no way takeing any shots at the venomous snake hobby. but the key factor is that younger people like that must have the full supervision and support of a parent. all reptiles are very heathy for young people , they help teach responsability and also spark there minds. not to mention teaching how to research and the feeling of a job well done when you get your herps to breed or grow a baby into a full grown adult. in no way at all am i trying to give a bad word about venomous snakes. but they are the most extrem top of the chart herp to keep. and you must be a pro before ever thinking of keeping one.

Old 03-22-2004, 07:12 PM   #65
Vince
Quote:
Originally posted by Seamus Haley

There's really nothing wrong with posting on threads if you feel you have something of value to add, but I've read a number of your posts and haven't once seen one that contributed anything meaningful

well i went back and re read your post like you asked and well in my opinion this quote right here well i could say the same for you.
all you do is try to belittle people. and well i dont have to say what that makes you look like. but i will say im sorry yet again. sorry everyone for going off topic it was not my intention when i replyed to his post about wishing this kid got amputated to learn a lesson

Old 03-22-2004, 07:17 PM   #66
Mustangrde1
Vince i was not trying to insult anyone trust me if i was i would do it outright, it is much funner that way. If it sounded that way it was not ment to. And I am staying on topic. The issue was a minor child having a venomous. This is why i brought it up. also showing parents responcibilities in this.

Comparring it to other dangerous hobbies adds a little light on the role of the parent and maturity of both actually.

As for Hots being the top. Not at all they are just another snake once a person gets past the myths and eewwss and awes of them being " deadly" Hell my Little Surinam Redtail is more likely to bite your head off then my monacle cobra is. Only differance between hot keepers and nonvenomous is the amount of safety hot keepers must pay to working with the animals in a nutshell and yes there are others but really its not that hard with proper training and maturity. Hell i still have a hard time getting some of my snakes to breed.

Off topic that time but wanted to try and clear up a few things. If you want to talk further on hots and keeping them E-mail me same screen name @aol.com

Scott Bice

Old 03-22-2004, 07:23 PM   #67
Vince
Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangrde1
Vince i was not trying to insult anyone trust me if i was i would do it outright, it is much funner that way. If it sounded that way it was not ment to. And I am staying on topic. The issue was a minor child having a venomous. This is why i brought it up. also showing parents responcibilities in this.

Comparring it to other dangerous hobbies adds a little light on the role of the parent and maturity of both actually.

As for Hots being the top. Not at all they are just another snake once a person gets past the myths and eewwss and awes of them being " deadly" Hell my Little Surinam Redtail is more likely to bite your head off then my monacle cobra is. Only differance between hot keepers and nonvenomous is the amount of safety hot keepers must pay to working with the animals in a nutshell and yes there are others but really its not that hard with proper training and maturity. Hell i still have a hard time getting some of my snakes to breed.

Off topic that time but wanted to try and clear up a few things. If you want to talk further on hots and keeping them E-mail me same screen name @aol.com

Scott Bice
sorry scott i wasnt refuring to you being off topic , i was talking to samose. your post was very good and pointed out that there are younger people in the hobby of keeping hots. sorry for the mixup. i tryd sending you a message on aim but it didnt work.

Old 03-23-2004, 08:20 PM   #68
SERPENTS DEN
Exclamation

I would like to ask those of you who made post to this thread to kindly delete them as this thread probably should have never been posted to begin with.

Most of you probably already know except for me how to delete post in this forum....lol

All you have to do is click on the Edit Button on the bottom of your post and you’ll see there how to delete the post.

I already deleted all my post in that thread that I was able to.

Thanking you all in advance

Old 03-23-2004, 08:25 PM   #69
Vince
lol covering your tracks? I realy hope they come down hard on you
that kids mom has dollar sighns in her eyes and you will be paying up big time. good thing you deleted most of this evedince on here.

Old 03-23-2004, 08:34 PM   #70
Mustangrde1
Whooooaaaa

Did i just read that right... You are now destroying potential evidance and trying to hide realevent information that of which you yourself posted. Covering your own butt is one thing but destroying potential evidance . You should have owned up to your mistake and paid the piper. If this is how you run your bussiness in a whole perhaps it needs to go back to the BOI as a Bad Guy Post.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!