T-Rex Leopard Gecko Dust (Poll) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-22-2004, 10:44 PM   #1
shuler06
T-Rex Leopard Gecko Dust (Poll)

I have heard some good things about this product, just wanted to get y'alls opinion. By the way is this where we hang out now, I haven't seen to many of you on KS lately?

Tim

Old 02-23-2004, 08:35 AM   #2
jenn_jeffery
I just have started using the Leo Dust--and I mean only about 2 days ago. I'll post what I think of it after she's been using it for a couple of weeks--I also moved her into a larger enclosure this weekend, so I want to give her a bit of time to settle in before I make any decisions....
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2004, 12:11 PM   #3
Golden Gate Geckos
You found us!

Hey Tim... you found us! LOL! I think you will find this forum has a completely different atmosphere, and much more candid. (Sometimes that's not a bad thing, other times... well....)

I have heard raves about the product and have not used it yet, but I plan on giving it a try. Anybody recommend the best place to order it online?

Old 02-23-2004, 01:48 PM   #4
jenn_jeffery
I got it from LLL reptile, and I believe HerpSupplies.com carries it as well. Both have great service from what i've seen.

Old 02-23-2004, 02:34 PM   #5
E2MacPets
Three ingredients and descriptions taken directly from the T-Rex Website:

Spirulina Algae: Spirulina is another of natures “superfoods” It contains an excellent balance of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and trace elements. We use it primarily for its high levels of Beta-Carotene. (the highest natural source) Beta Carotene is transformed by the body into Vitamin A, and it is converted on an “as needed” basis. This helps avoid problems associated with excess preformed vitamin A in diets.

Haemotococcus Algae: Is included because it is the highest natural source of Astaxanthan on the planet. This part of the Carotene complex, is responsible for the red pigmentation in shellfish It is what turns a lobster red when you cook it It is what makes a Flamingo Pink, It is what makes Salmon meat pink. It is natures source of red pigment, and it is rarely found in commercial diets.

Marigold Extract: Is one of natures highest sources of yellow pigment. It is used for example to color the yolks of chickens in commercial farms that would otherwise not have the color found in free range birds. It is also the one of the greatest sources of the carotenoid lutein, a key ingredient necessary for healthy vision.

Old 02-23-2004, 05:07 PM   #6
Snakebyt
I just ordered some last night, so i cant comment for a while, but i am interested to see how it works

Old 02-24-2004, 09:20 PM   #7
Sybella
I just bought a bottle of that dust to try almost a week ago. So far, I've just added it once or twice when I've replenished the calcium dish. I alternate between calcium and vitamins...what I mean is, calcium is there all the time but every other time I replenish or freshen it, I add a little vitamins to it too.

I haven't used it long enough to really comment but I did notice that the color is odd...almost a gray, unlike the calcium and vitamins that are white-ish. I'm not sure what that means.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!