Restrictive return policies - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #41
asixtwo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitZu View Post
No. That was her way of pointing out a contradiction.
Is anyone actually reading these posts....
She clipped my text to make it look like I was contradicting myself....

What I was trying to point out is that if someone...
I have already done business with....
that I know...
that I trust....
that knows I won't hesitate to pop out and visit...
offers me an animal

I'll work out the details to buy the animal.

That is not the same as browsing the classifieds for random animals!

Old 08-16-2011, 08:21 PM   #42
SpitZu
Yep, got it. I was just letting you know that the clipping was intentional since you seemed confused.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:26 PM   #43
asixtwo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitZu View Post
Yep, got it. I was just letting you know that the clipping was intentional since you seemed confused.
If it was intentional, then it was also manipulative, and unethical.
Unlike some people, I try to to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #44
SpitZu
Apparently not, because that's silly. She clearly misread your post and cut/paste based on a misunderstanding.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:07 PM   #45
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by asixtwo View Post
A friend insisted I post them here to see how they'd do.
The entire experience just re-enforced my belief to not sell online.
Must have been quite a one-time experience.....

Quote:
If bothering to attempt to address ignorant, rude, misguided, comments makes me sound elitist.... Then I must be elitist.
Perhaps the way the ignorant, rude, and misguided comments you have addressed appears ignorant, rude, and misguided in the manner you addressed them. Just a thought that might be worthwhile for you to be thinking....

Quote:
What does attacking the quality of a collection you've never seen, or the integrity of a man you've never met make you?
What does attacking a methodology MANY people utilize in the buying and selling of their animals make you?

Quote:
Did I assume/comment that anyone who sells here overproduces commodity animals?
Well, I don't know. Did you?

Quote:
Did I say anything negative about another poster's ethics or the quality of the animals they produce.
By implication, yes.

Quote:
Did I criticize the way anyone else is doing business?
By implication, yes.

Quote:
I guess suggesting that a prospective buyer invest a little time and money and money on traveling to a few expos, or visiting a few breeders before they buy an animal might not fit into the business model of some of the posters.
Probably not. It is the distain you apparently hold for them that do not that is the issue here.

Quote:
Or maybe I should list the name of the fauna seller who sent a good friend over a dozen very high priced corn snakes that arrived half dead, about a year ago? Or better yet possibly the name of the poster who vouched for the seller.
And that makes you feel better in what way? Shipping live animals is risky. MANY people really have no other choice in the manner they send and receive animals. Some people just do a better job of packing their animals for shipment than others do.

Quote:
And for the record...
I know who Rich is, I've bought animals from him in the past.
That's why I was a little taken back by his comment.
Perhaps you would be better served being taken aback not by WHAT I have said, but the reason I am here finding the desire to say it.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #46
asixtwo
Rich,
This is getting ridiculous.
Would you like to just drop this and grab a beer atTinley?
(I'll be on the west coast the week of Daytona.)
Andy

Old 08-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #47
WebSlave
Quote:
Rich,
This is getting ridiculous.
Would you like to just drop this and grab a beer atTinley?
(I'll be on the west coast the week of Daytona.)
Andy
I don't think I have ever been drunk enough to change my mind.

But seriously, whatever gave you the impression that I would be at Tinley?

And honestly, the only beer I drink is the "root" variety anyway.

Just don't belittle nor besmirch the business focus of my site, ON MY SITE, fella, and we will get along just famously.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:10 PM   #48
Katie.Shinkle
Haven't read all of the replies, but I'm so aggravated about this that I had to post...

I live in TN, which is not a very 'reptile friendly' state. There are some great hobby breeders here that I have/plan to do business with, but the 'pickings are slim'. Not to mention, there are absolutely NO reptile shows here, mainly because of the ridiculous laws regarding breeding some species of reptiles. So, as you can imagine, it's difficult for me to find what I'm looking for.

So what do I do? I buy online. I've made some fantastic friends in the online community, most of which I have NEVER met face to face, and I trust them. I've got animals from all over the states, and all of them are gorgeous. No 'bottom of the barrel' junk here. I've had a 'bad guy experience' before, and yeah, it sucked, but it sure didn't turn me away from online buying, just makes me research a lot more (granted, this guy didn't have anything bad on him until me, and the first guy was just a bit of a mess when I was just a kid). I've learned not only to research names on here, and Google, but also to read what this person posts. Do they contribute to the forums, or are they just there to sell? Do they practice good care for their animals? Etc. etc.

Point is, it sure as heck feels like I'm being 'put down' because I don't just do face to face buying, and that's ridiculous. I'd LOVE to be able to meet all of these breeders face to face, to see their wonderful animals, etc. Alas, I only make a measly $9 an hour so just can't afford to go shopping in other states.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:42 AM   #49
JColt
Andy will thrive or die with his policy and practice and that's his decision. Nothing wrong with that. He put his thought's out and every one who has read it can accept or decline. I say if it makes you comfortable and allows you to enjoy your hobby even more then do it. At the same time I can say I'm not comfortable with this practice and decline to deal with Andy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!