plz help,my new bd wont eat - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-09-2006, 09:33 PM   #11
puppytoes72
ty

ty soo much cathy,ill try limiting the variety of salad until i figure out what she really likes.i did try putting crickets in her normal enclosure,but she doesnt come down from her basking area and the crickets just end up hiding under the papertowels so i thought the feeding tank would work better.like i said earlier she did eat a couple crickets in the feeding tank but i can tell she doesnt really like it in there.so which is the worse of the two?? i also heard that u shoudnt keep any uneaten crickets in the enclosure cuz it will interupt their sleep.hmm im just afraid im gonna do the wrong thing

Old 10-09-2006, 09:34 PM   #12
Cat_72
If she's never coming down from her basking area, are you certain that the temps are high enough in the enclosure?

Old 10-09-2006, 09:53 PM   #13
puppytoes72
yes

the basking zone is 101-105,and the lower part of the rock is 95 and the cool zone is 85.when i wake up in the morning it is 70 in her enclosure but it warms back up quickly.i just think she really loves it on that rock.she sleeps with he mouth hangin open.she looks so cute.so what do ya think??and about where to feed her?? ty cathy!

Old 10-09-2006, 11:20 PM   #14
Rebel Dragons
Sometimes with babies having more than 1 or 2 crickets in the tank freaks them out and they won't eat. Try feeding only a couple crickets at a time and see how that goes. If she eats them, throw a couple more in until she stops eating. At that point you can assume she is full and you can do it all over again a few hours later.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:41 PM   #15
puppytoes72
woohoo i just came back on to report that i tried throwing some crickets in her enclosure again and she went nuts!!she ate about 6! then she had afew bites of greens im so happy ty cathy and mike!i guess she feels at home now.there is 1-2 crickets hiding in her tank now tho.is that ok or do i have to find them to take them out? woohoo again!

Old 10-09-2006, 11:45 PM   #16
Rebel Dragons
I wouldn't leave them in over night cause they can harm the dragon while it is sleeping. You can catch them or or just squish em. Either way they won't be bothering the dragon anymore....

Old 10-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #17
Tinzal
Often when a baby is sitting on a rock w/ its mouth gapping it could be a bit warm for the B.D so I like to mist them slightly when they do that, Also have tried any dried food? I always add Juvenile B.D food in their salad, some of them will eat it and some of them won't, but my adults LOVE the dried food!

Isn't being a new parent fun?!

Old 10-10-2006, 03:53 PM   #18
puppytoes72
yes,its very fun!!i will give the dry food a try i do mist her once in awhile and she also takes water droplets off my finger TY!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!