4 heat packs in a box DEAD SNAKES whos to blame - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 02-03-2005, 06:28 PM   #11
DragonCharm
If you and the shipper can not come to a MUTUALLY ACCEPTABLE resolution to this put his name here. Hopefully if they are a reputable person there will be no real problems resolving it.

Old 02-03-2005, 06:30 PM   #12
Bill_Leverton
Ok Mickey dont take this on a person level but if your not going to give names then why did you post .if a Big name shipper sent this to you how are we to know who to be weary of or are we just to stop buying from anyone in Fla jmo

Old 02-03-2005, 06:31 PM   #13
Mickey_TLK
Well a name may be given shortly. I just wanted feedback before I open my big mouth. If Rich pulls this, so be it.

"Like I said, its how we have been shipping that size box recently, we have to look at the low temps, and it spent the night in memphis and if you look at this map it was 39 degrees last night there,http://www.weather.com/maps/maptype/currentweatherusnational/usactuallowtemps_large.html"

Latest responce, now Im getting pissed. On the phone it was we can work something out. And honestly I felt bad about the delay. But once I sent pics, and pics of the box temp, It became soley the blame of the delay. This kind of crap is going to drive me right out of this business again thats for sure.

Old 02-03-2005, 06:31 PM   #14
ShannanD25
One heat pack raises the temp 15 degrees. Correct me if i am wrong on that.
So this moron is also in Florida, throws in 4 heatpacks....why? I know the night temps are low but 4 het packs? I ship from PA to other cold states with only 2 for fear of cooking them. I'm not shipping right now because it is just too cold but me, a small breeder, knows better then to through 4 heatpacks in there.
I'd demand the beardies back. Did you put heatpacks in with them? With him saying this is standard packing I'd say he is trying to brush you off. Dont let him. You can find other suppliers.

Old 02-03-2005, 06:43 PM   #15
Bill_Leverton
I have a snake waiting in Fla to be shipped waiting for the weather to break..so to me its important

Old 02-03-2005, 06:52 PM   #16
Xtreme Reptiles
Funny we shipped out 44 Large boxes yesterday with 3 -40 hour heat packs and 1 -30 hour heat pack all over the US with no Incident? Maybe he may want to add a little more info? Like the night time low in his area was 22 degrees reported high was 45 degrees..(if any one wisheds to verify http://www.weather.com/activities/ot...ml?locid=68132) How about the temps in Memphis where they spent the night, low of 43 degrees high of 46 ...(if you wish to verify http://www.weather.com/activities/ot...locid=USTN0325)... The large 16x16x8 box was our standard large with 1/4" styrophoam, not the thick styro fish boxes that some use which hold much more heat... As of last check today in the month of january we shipped out 293 large boxes all with the exact same amount of heat packs, and 0 have arrived with all animals cooked... some arrived with animals cooler than desired... He is also takeing temp reading of the heat packs indoors at room temps not of a box in transit...He knew the animals were sent priority overnight to his shop, if wasnt planning to be there as early as fed ex why not send it to a more appropiate location? All the snakes didnt arrive dead as he claims either, one was alive upon arrival and then died a bit later... The other 2 appeared to have just died...Here you can see where fed ex shows the delivery attempt
Feb 3, 2005 3:23 PM
Delivered
Omaha, NE
10:15 AM
Delivery exception
OMAHA, NE
Customer not available or business closed
7:45 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
OMAHA, NE
So now shippers have to also bear the burdens of others mistakes? Funny how he first admitted to his error and said he wasnt looking for any compensation? These guys sat in a fed ex truck for an extra 5 hours and 15 min..
Alfredo Veloso

Old 02-03-2005, 07:01 PM   #17
Xtreme Reptiles
Actually we were working on a mutually agrreable situation, for about 30 seconds so it seems now, then he turns it arround into a "everyone seems to think its your fault childish game" when he posts here with almost no facts.... He is just trying to make it look as we did something wrong, when he in fact he was the one who did... I dont know about you but if im expecting even a $200 packaege, i am at my place no later than 8:30 to make sure I dont miss them, even more for a $1,000 order

Alfredo Veloso

Old 02-03-2005, 07:02 PM   #18
Mickey_TLK
Ok well I guess I took another warning point for nothing.

"Dude I here thought you were a man!!!!! I just read the BOI and lets just say you have stooped to a level I did not think you capable of..."

"Lets see what is said after all the facts are said, didnt think you were this childish"

Well Alfredo GO ____ YOURSELF, and yes I am a man. A man who is sick of being robbed by your business.

This year we have purchased 3 orders from Alfredo @ Xtreme reptiles that were shipped to us.

In the first shipment he sent 3 emerald were said to be small, and when asked said under 18" approx. When they arrived one was under 18", and one was 24", the other approx 30". Within 10 days one had died. The other two fed and proptly regurged. NEVER MADE A CLAIM

Also in that box there were 3 ornate uros. I ordered 5 but said I only wanted them if healthy. Upon arrival all 3 had very thin tails, two died within a week, the third is fine now.

Second order I got 6 dead Mt horns that had been smashed in the box, half my pacs were dead, a dead adult mali, and a few other problems I cannot recall. On this order I did get 6 mt horns back when I went to your facility in person.

This box came with 2 dead snakes. The third is thinned out, and is quite likely not to make it. Not to mention that just last night I tried to feed the 4th one that I picked up in Florida a week ago, and it, along with the orange amazon I got from you refused a meal.

I did not name names here. I did not act childish. If its childish to ask others their opinion of a situation, then Im childish.

Mairo you had the most animals down in Florida on my last trip. I wanted to be able to do business with you. I let other crap slip, because I know I only have so many options to purchase from. I made the drive to your facility to try and be more satisfied with my product and not have issues like the ones mentioned arise. Even there I lost the female panther, and two of the fimbriatus so far. Less then a week. I DID NOT TRY AND CLAIM THEESE EITHER.

But when you COOK a box, Im childish. Classy

If you want to be robbed, sent cooked animals, and then blamed by the owner, go ahead and buy from Alfredo @ Xtreme (now that would be childsish wouldnt).

Old 02-03-2005, 07:03 PM   #19
Mickey_TLK
Alfredo

I wasnt 100% sure you were shipping. I never recieved a tracking number. I generally try to do that, but honestly this week has been hectic for me.

You want to stand by its my fault whatever man. Ive said my peace. I guess its time to find yet another new supplier.

Old 02-03-2005, 07:05 PM   #20
Mickey_TLK
Yea on the phone at first is sounded like we would work something out.

Then I call again to inform you of the heat packs, and temps and dont get to speak with you.

Then I email you the pictures of the dead, plus the box temp pictures, and you say its MY fault. Get the picture that Im SOL, I SURE DID.

I came here and asked others opinions, risking a point by not posting your name, and Im childish.

Sums it up I believe

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!