Boa Imperator pics - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-18-2019, 10:40 AM   #21
wvaherp
Sorry the video is sideways. My crappy little editor would't let me rotate it. It's not the best quality but it shows what I have been talking about. I also edited about 10 second out from the middle of it to get the size down.

You'll note that the female doesn't really move (she did when I witnessed spurring behavior) and their positioning doesn't change.

If these weren't ejaculatory spasms, I'm wondering if it was the male "thrusting" for deeper insertion. I would think the female might react to that though.

Let me know what you think.
Attached Files
File Type: mp4 20190217_144939-1.mp4 (3.97 MB, 54 views)

Old 02-19-2019, 09:36 PM   #22
Pasodama
Don't know how long the video is supposed to be but it only lasts about 2 seconds for me.
Maybe it will work better for someone else.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:57 PM   #23
wvaherp
Yeah, I had to cut it way down to get it to upload, but realized after the fact that it didn't actually remove the audio track like I thought. I'll try to work from an unedited copy and fully remove the audio to see if I can get a longer clip uploaded.

Sent via the android pony express

Old 02-20-2019, 11:20 AM   #24
wvaherp
Try this one. I was able to get the whole clip down to a size that could be uploaded. I realized the video compression wasn't right at all. The audio track wasn't the issue at all, but I still removed it since it was just catching what was on my TV anyways.

There are 2 "spasms" caught in the clip, one at the beginning and one near the end.
Attached Files
File Type: mp4 20190217_144939_1.mp4 (4.79 MB, 43 views)

Old 02-21-2019, 06:30 AM   #25
Pasodama
Not sure that your male was depositing semen, at those times, but it does show/confirm that they were, indeed, locked up.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:13 AM   #26
wvaherp
I've seen them appear to be locked at least 10 times now. That doesn't count the courtship behavior or the male "trying her" in the wrong place. Lol. The spasms I've seen twice over the last week. Still curious what it actually is since both times they appeared to be locked already.

One thing is for sure though... this male is "ready" enough where it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him try to lock with a garden hose! Lol!

Sent via the android pony express

Old 02-21-2019, 10:28 AM   #27
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvaherp View Post
One thing is for sure though... this male is "ready" enough where it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him try to lock with an garden hose! Lol
LoL Sounds like my male T+ Nic. He tried breeding with my arm.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!