about siklback and their husbandry - Page 48 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 01:21 AM   #471
whiskersmom
Was supposed to read....Let's get back to the topic at hand,
The deliberate annihilation of a reptile species!!!!

Old 07-24-2007, 02:55 AM   #472
Denisebme
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
You still didn't answer my questions, but it's ok, you have a right not to. I didn't think they were very difficult questions to answer though. I mean, anyone can ask me anything about my gecko breeding business and I'd be happy to answer the questions, I'm an open book. I guess I don't understand why you are getting so upset about this.

No one posted anything about your personal life here; what was posted was all about your dragon breeding business because it appeared that you were posting in your blog that you breed dragons for a living and that you report the money you make on them to the taxman, and that you ship your dragons outside of the country. Those were quotes by you, and that's what was brought up, not anything personal or anything about your personal life outside of reptiles. It was only brought up because you posted it in your blog which was most likely found by doing a simple google search.
Do you honestly believe that I should have to defend or explain a conversation that took place on a completely unrelated website, that was twisted and used in this forum completely out of context? I sure don't. There really isn't any way to, you'd have to be familiar with several other local people, a radio show, and conversations that have taken place over several years to get it, and its simply none of your business.
This whole thing reminds me of people who like to go around peeking into their neighbors open windows. There is no telling what you might see when you do that, but if you don't understand the context, while your imagination may fill in the blanks, its rarely going to resemble reality. That's one of the many reasons its not considered polite to look in other peoples windows.

Old 07-24-2007, 03:04 AM   #473
Denisebme
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskersmom
But I guess what I want to know is.....WHY? Why was it important to Google her out? What did this person hope to find by putting Denise's name in a search engine?
What if you found out that she was an exotic dancer that was into dominatrix or something equally exciting....would you have brought that here? Would you have made this an issue? What she said on that blog was not for our conversation, not this forum. So, therefore it has no bearing here. All you succeeded in doing was making yourself look desperate for anything on this woman. And it's pretty pathetic.

The deliberate annihilation of a reptile species!!!!

J/K
Of course they would have brought it here. My guess is that they first googled my name, and couldn't find any dirt there, so then they googled my username and lo and behold they found a really innocent conversation that took place a few weeks ago on a local blog and figured that somehow paint me with some nefarious agenda by taking a couple comments completely out of context and using them here.
Fauna must be really quiet lately if they are that desperate to create drama where there is none.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:17 AM   #474
KelliH
Quote:
Do you honestly believe that I should have to defend or explain a conversation that took place on a completely unrelated website, that was twisted and used in this forum completely out of context? I sure don't. There really isn't any way to, you'd have to be familiar with several other local people, a radio show, and conversations that have taken place over several years to get it, and its simply none of your business.
I did not ask you to defend anything. I asked you three simple questions:

1.) Why would you post something like that if it is not true?
2.) I take it you have an import/export license, correct?
3.) Is your bearded dragon breeding business registered?

So I don't know what you mean about defending or explaining a conversation. It's pretty clear that you can't or won't answer the questions, for what reasons, well, only you know that. You also know as well as I do that those are simple, basic questions concerning your reptile breeding business (The first one you sort of answered by saying your statements were taken out of context, but you did not explain how). They have nothing to do with your personal life or business, of which I care not one iota.

Quote:
Fauna must be really quiet lately if they are that desperate to create drama where there is none.
What is so dramatic about answering some simple questions about your dragon business?

Old 07-24-2007, 08:06 AM   #475
Valley Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denisebme
You have no clue what you're talking about. Whether you like it or not, no one has the right to make dozens of calls to my vet, to various labs, to other people on this website, and even to people that have never even had direct contact with me in order to verify something that they literally have no right to. You, and no one else, has the right to violate my privacy or stalk me onto forums that have NOTHING to do with Reptiles.
No one on this forum has a RIGHT to anything that legally belongs to me. You don't even have the RIGHT to ASSUME anything, since not once since I have started posting here has ANYONE I have EVER done business with come here to complain about me, and in fact, the ONLY thing ever said about my business practices is that I am EXACTLY who I claim to be.
Denise, how in the world can you expect people to give you respect regarding your business and personal life when you have no intention of giving anyone else respect? You whine and complain that you are being mistreated - but look at what has been done to the people who breed silkbacks, or breed for color, or have different opinions concerning adenovirus, or do anything else that YOU and a few OTHERS don't see as acceptable! YOU have no right to violate anyone else's rights either! YOU have no right to harass! If you were not caught in so many half-truths and outright lies, then perhaps people would not feel the need to verify everyting that you say. As far as ASSuming...you have doen your fair share of that towards me and others. So just remember - if you're going to dish it out, expect to get a little back.

Jamie

Old 07-24-2007, 08:39 AM   #476
whiskersmom
Quote:
but look at what has been done to the people who breed silkbacks, or breed for color, or have different opinions concerning adenovirus, or do anything else that YOU and a few OTHERS don't see as acceptable! YOU have no right to violate anyone else's rights either!
The reason for the defensive stance against breeders who practice selective breeding for cosmetic issues (not health) is because it's wrong. Plain and simple. If you are going to adopt a species of animal and then breed that animal, you have a moral obligation to do whatever is best for that animal. Not what's best for the bank account or what is thought to be pleasing to the eye. A moral obligation to do whatever is possible to keep this animal healthy and hearty should be something that doesn't need to be said.
All you have to do is take one look at the silk backs and know in your heart that this isn't something that should be purposely created. We are not Mother Nature and we are definitely not God, so therefore we have NO right to change and create at will.
As for the Adenovirus, we are all struggleing with this in one way or another. Because we don't have much information on this virus, alot of us would rather err on the side of caution. I don't know about you but if they happen to tell us five years down the road that 'hey, you could have stopped this by just exhibiting some self control' I would feel horrible if I hadn't tried. I for one, think it's wrong to just continue breeding just because not enough is known about this virus. I also believe that if testing didn't cost any money, we would see many more breeders doing it. But because it does cut into the profit excuses aer being made that we don't know enough and that "probably" all dragons have it. This is still being said and done although the experts are saying "test...if positive, don't breed or sell..."

Quote:
If you were not caught in so many half-truths and outright lies, then perhaps people would not feel the need to verify everyting that you say.
I can't believe you said this....especially looking back on the different posts regarding bearded dragons, half the crap I've read so far has been nothing but half truths and outright lies. How dare you point a finger at her??? Wasn't it your camp that swore that the testing Denise had done didn't even exist? All a person has to do is take six months and read these different threads and the "half truths and outright lies" will be apparent.
You people Google her name and fine one little thing that you think is inconsistent and you jump on it. How about if I Google your name or Mikey's , do you know exactly what I will come up with? Will I be able to misconstrue what I read so that you look like a bad guy....most likely. But that isn't what this is about. This is about a species of animals that we keep messing with, in one way or another. Half is trying to make excuses of why we should do it and the other half is saying Stop.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:46 AM   #477
Ken Harbart
You know what? The intellectual capacity of this thread was reached long ago, with folks acting like rejects from the Jerry Springer show. Reading it is just painful, as many seem to be inable to construct a rational, valid argument, but instead rely heavily on pseudoreasoining and rhetoric.

There's been about ten posts of actual substance, and the rest is just fluff, and a waste of bandwidth. As such, it's done.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread