Need help dragons dieing. - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-01-2010, 01:30 PM   #81
ace9916
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris allen View Post
Wow, this is scary, ve
ry sorry to hear what is going on.

On the possible issues with the bugs, is this from certain suppliers, or all the cricket companies?

It feels like more and more, not even just for dragons but for people as well, if you want to be safe you really have to produce your own stuff(veggies etc).
I spoke to three of my suppliers and they say its mostly contained to the south of cali. The supplier up north in cali said he has crickets and his were doing pretty well. But from what they tell me it just take one bad batch and Its will wipe out large amounts. Most of them are purchasing crickets from out of the state just to keep customers happy.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:48 PM   #82
ace9916
Just to et everyone know i'm not done with my issue. At the moment i'am just awaiting results and waiting for other samples to go out. Once I get any info I will definitely post again and let you all know whats gong on.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:59 PM   #83
Tere Salazar
Please do...and good luck.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:59 AM   #84
shadi11
Sorry I dont frequent forums too much anymore. But do you know if in your necropsy how well the liver was examined and if they sent out to a different lab was a sample of the liver sent to them? This is where the inclusion cells are found in necropsy.
It sounds like alot I have seen thru the years in dealing with weaker dragons and adeno being introduced. I will see if I can locate you more information as well. I used to know a place that tested feeders and will check when i get home to see if I still have that information saved.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #85
ace9916
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadi11 View Post
Sorry I dont frequent forums too much anymore. But do you know if in your necropsy how well the liver was examined and if they sent out to a different lab was a sample of the liver sent to them? This is where the inclusion cells are found in necropsy.
It sounds like alot I have seen thru the years in dealing with weaker dragons and adeno being introduced. I will see if I can locate you more information as well. I used to know a place that tested feeders and will check when i get home to see if I still have that information saved.
Thank You if you have anymore info i will be more then glad to except it. I know that my vet examined 2 dragons and the others went to a lab, which labe he sent them to i don't know.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:48 PM   #86
ace9916
Since a few days ago. I destroyed the majority of my feeders and started over with them not knowing what might be the issue i just got rid of what ever i could and started over. Since then everyone has been stable and eating pretty well. I also started feeding the adult dragons directly out of the cups i use to feed them with. So that I can watch which ones are eating and which ones are not. I recieved the package from tracie but still waiting to send out NEED to get somemore $$$$. But should be one its way soon.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:03 PM   #87
ace9916
hello all I'm back with a question.

I was wondering does anyone know or ever experienced what symptoms a beardy has when it eats a spider. I'v never actually seen it happen so can't really say. Please if you have any idea of what symptoms of what they do please let me know. Maybe this can help in figuring out what happened to my dragons.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!