Inbreeding - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 01:32 AM   #91
puppytoes72
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
The fact of the matter is that this website has rules, when they are broken by a poster then warnings are given. SImple isn't it? As far as believing differently than someone, I have just as much of a right as you do to express my opinions here. I have managed to do so for several years without racking up a single warning point because I took the time to read the rules and I choose to follow them.
oh thats total BS we have all broken the rules but some ppl get points and some don't,it all depends on who you are friends with and whose side you take

Old 06-25-2007, 01:35 AM   #92
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppytoes72
how was i nasty?ohhh,by having an opinion different than the clan here?part of your clan was nasty to ME and i simply responded.point away,see if i care BUT make sure you point yourself for calling sherri a nutjob

No thanks. I'm participating in this thread. I will leave it to others to choose to point either of us.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:38 AM   #93
KelliH
Quote:
we have all broken the rules but some ppl get points and some don't,it all depends on who you are friends with and whose side you take
Interesting theory, however it is obviously incorrect since many of the moderators here have warning points themselves.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:41 AM   #94
whiskersmom
Quote:
edit... I never said 100% that I believe it's ok to breed and produce scaleless beardies. I said that as long as they thrive in captivity there is no reason why they should not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence that they do not do fine under captive conditions, if evidence is presented that they do not do well, then I would agree with you that they should not be bred.
By looking at dachiu's care summary on these animals (and we have to admit that these animals are so new that we don't even know the half of it) these animals need lower temperatures because of their skin. Beardies need temps of about 110f in order to digest their food. What happens when they can't get that temp without it hurting them? They never digest their food? It's been suggested that the UVB be weaker and further away...why is this? Probably because their skin could not take it.
If their skin is like a pinkie then I would like mating explained to me. How does the male do it without tearing her up?
It's late and my brain isn't functioning at full capacity, but I'm sure there is more.
Logic and common sense is going to tell you that major adjustments need to be made for these animals....I don't understand the need to create these animals when daily, on my forum I am correcting grievous mistakes made by misinformed owners. Can't you just see the problems these new creatures are going to have to endure?
The did NOT create a more durable animal, they created a weaker one, minus the scales, so that the colors shows brighter. Different = money. It has nothing to do with the animal itself.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:48 AM   #95
puppytoes72
Quote:
Interesting theory, however it is obviously incorrect since many of the moderators here have warning points themselves.
who knows,maybe they were arguing with each other that day but there is OBVIOUS favoritism on this site.its a joke

Old 06-25-2007, 01:51 AM   #96
KelliH
Quote:
By looking at dachiu's care summary on these animals (and we have to admit that these animals are so new that we don't even know the half of it) these animals need lower temperatures because of their skin. Beardies need temps of about 110f in order to digest their food. What happens when they can't get that temp without it hurting them? They never digest their food? It's been suggested that the UVB be weaker and further away...why is this? Probably because their skin could not take it.
I read the writeup on the page about the Silkbacks and you are right, it does say their care has to be adjusted and that their skin tears easily. It almost sounds like they would be kind of hard to care for. However, I will reserve judgement on these until I can learn more about their captive care and how they do in captivity. Everything I posted previously regarding inbreeding still stands though.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:55 AM   #97
KelliH
Quote:
who knows,maybe they were arguing with each other that day but there is OBVIOUS favoritism on this site.its a joke
Well, it's never been obvious to me and I've been here for awhile now. I'm actually pretty observant and semi intelligent as well. Anyhow, all this petty bickering is getting us to the middle of nowhere real quick. It might be a good idea just to agree to disagree on this issue for now.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:55 AM   #98
whiskersmom
Quote:
Everything I posted previously regarding inbreeding still stand though
Then I guess we agree to disagree, right?

Old 06-25-2007, 01:58 AM   #99
puppytoes72
Quote:
Well, it's never been obvious to me and I've been here for awhile now. I'm actually pretty observant and semi intelligent as well. Anyhow, all this petty bickering is getting us to the middle of nowhere real quick. It might be a good idea just to agree to disagree on this issue for now.
well im not here much and ive noticed it pretty quick.for now,we can agree to disagree

Old 06-25-2007, 01:58 AM   #100
KelliH
Quote:
Then I guess we agree to disagree, right?
Absolutely.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread