OMG! I hatched a two-headed dragon! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-16-2008, 09:34 PM   #31
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
You seem to be telling him to leave because his opinion is different. If you are saying we have a right to disagree here, then let him have his opinion, even if it is critical.

I can't remember when there was a time on this site where everyone was happy with the way things are run here.

Nope. I think youre reading into it a bit too far there. Disagreeing is fine ( were doing it now arent we? am i telling you to see the door? nope!), but making a comment about it, and saying one is "sick of" the seemingly similar opinions of the site, means something different, and something i will comment on because it makes no sense to me, if a person dosnt like something about a site, and is sick enough of it to say something because another had a differing opinion, who was being polite enough when stating it ( to me, not to everyone). Then yeah, im gonna say "theres the door" it wasnt saying to leave because an opinion cant be stated. It was Saying to leave if it upsets you so much that a comment such as that needed to be made.

If i hated something about this site enough to say something like "man im so sick of people being so confrontational" Yeah, id be told the same thing " theres the door".

Old 05-16-2008, 09:56 PM   #32
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Dragons
Because this issue is brought up again and again in so many posts...

This statement annoys me. Mo' money. Ha. Since when did wanting to make money become such a horrible thing? I LOVE my job...breeding reptiles, that is. I am less than two weeks away from quitting my other job and focusing entirely on the breeding business. I've worked my ass off basically working two full time jobs for over three years to get to this point. Of course I want to make money! I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life doing exactly what I want to do and being able to support my family in the process. Since when did it become the moral high road to not make money at your job? Good grief! And does this mean that I have no values, or that I care any less about the animals? Of course not! That is ridiculous!

Sorry to go off on a rant, but this forum is filled with way to many "moralistic" bullies, and I'm sick of it.

Jamie
As Alicia said....there is a big difference between raising reptiles for a living and doing it well, and exploiting genetic defects that could be detrimental to the animals themselves for profit. Kind of like the difference between a quality breeder of dogs, and a puppy mill. Not that I am calling you a "Beardie mill" in any way, just using that as an example. Perhaps it's the whole "quality versus quantity" arguement. However you want to look at it. No one has told you that there's anything wrong with making money, for goodness sakes....it's just the way you can go about doing it. When choosing a living based on a love for animals turns to greed, too often things go awry from even the best of intentions.....and the person in the drivers seat usually can't see it for themselves.

And as I said.....I see no reason to euthanize the little booger, as long as he's doing well. I'd like to see how he grows. I hope he does well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille
You seem to be telling him to leave because his opinion is different.
You seem to be reading something into Alicia's post that isn't there.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:07 PM   #33
jenkznza
Pretty neat Valleydragons. I wish you luck with this little guy/girl!

Old 05-16-2008, 11:10 PM   #34
Dachiu
Hi Jamie,
Congratulations on the little one (or ones)!

Vickie

btw - If you do decide to produce Silkbacks, a friend had a UV test done on one of Ruby's sheds... here is part of the email response.

Quote:
The UVB permeability of the Scaleless Beardie's skin is 15.86%. This compares to a UVB permeability of normal Beardie skin of 5.13%. the difference is probably because of both the scaleless nature of the skin and it being practically albino.

In practice what this does mean is that your Scaleless Beardie is going to be at least three times more sensitive to powerful UVB than a normal.

Old 05-17-2008, 01:37 AM   #35
Beardiepal
OMG

Please don't condemn me on this post. Ethical issues always have 2 sides. There will always be the side that says don't breed this female again, freeze this baby and money money money...

On the other side people find something intrigueing about this unnatural result of breeding. I had a one eyed beardie with subsequent neuro issues 6 weeks after birth. He learned to chase his crix, but eventually he had to have silkies because of his issues. I do not believe he was in any pain..or I would with all my heart taken him to my vet and euthanized him. He now has a concrete marker in my garden with his name"Buddy" carved in it.

Is the curiosity bad. Is the genuinely comapssionate nature to see what happens bad?
I am not one to make a godly judment on this predicament. This being said,
I don't think its wrong to want to make money when you breed your beardies. If someone showed unethical, or bs business tactics, it would be known. That being said, I do believe that Jamie has shown her true colors and I believe in those colors. And believe me if someone shows tainted colors I would be the 1st to say so. Take good care all, Respectfully, Beth

Old 05-17-2008, 04:00 AM   #36
KelliH
If it can survive on it's own there is certainly no need to euthanize. Does the mom have a history of producing these 2 headed ones? If so you should retire her asap.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:09 AM   #37
JeffnDes
Jamie, Awesome looking dragon! Best of luck caring for it. I hope it lives a long healthy life.
Jeff

Old 05-17-2008, 08:44 AM   #38
Valley Dragons
The little guy is alive and well this mornng...we made it through our first night! Both heads seem active and alert. It is so strange...one will look up at me, and then the other will turn to look at me, lol.

Jamie

Old 05-17-2008, 08:47 AM   #39
JeffnDes
That's Great! It should be interesting when they begin feeding. What if one head wants to go one way to chase a bug and the other wants to go another way for a bug. Can be difficult. Hopefully it will survive. Best of Luck!

Old 05-17-2008, 08:58 AM   #40
jenkznza
That is too cool! Talk about your split personalities. I wonder if they know the other is there yet. Could you imagine having a second head you didn't know about? It could make one quite schizophrenic.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!