Witblits dragons - true patternless beardies - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #31
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder79 View Post
is it honestly? They are still going to have to inbreed the line to reproduce them as its not a dominant trait. You will have to breed a witblit to another witblit or a witblit sibling to reproduce the line. Uneless jaquis has purchased a silverback from japan to cross into their line to be able to add different blood. Considering this has never been said i doubt it has happened. Until shown otherwise it is of my opinion this animal, to be continued, will have to be continuously line bred (possibly skipping a generation each time) to produce it consistantly. Eventually it will be bred out enough to get past any inbreeding issues but at the beginning of the morph there are going to be a ton of un-neccessary health defects that can not be avoided when inbreeding a line.
Wasn't all recessive traits inbred??? Now where are we with hypos and translucents??? So now you bad mouthing every morph we have.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:38 PM   #32
dragonluver83
Quote:
actually those prices are not including the import/export fee of 1200 dollars.
are you sure???

Old 02-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #33
chris allen
I don't think the hypo trans leathers are worth 2k either honestly, little crazy to me. If people are buying them at that price, more power to them, won't be me though. Id rather have a cool ass looking $200 dragon and buy something else that will actually hold its value. My favorite dragons honestly are probably some of the less expensive ones I have, just a matter of opinion.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:46 PM   #34
chris allen
Also, I don't think the problem is going to be the fact that they will have to be inbred. The problem is the people and the race that there's going to be to produce them first. Instead of doing things the right way, linebreeding, outcrossing, etc how many are going to take shortcuts because they think its a get rich quick situation?

Old 02-07-2010, 10:51 PM   #35
spyder79
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonluver83 View Post
are you sure???
Yes i am 100% certain as i had that explained to me by the OP on bd.org

the price is 4500 plus the import export fee of approximately 1200

and i feel ya chris. id much rather spend 300 bux on a beautiful large bodied dragon than drop 1000 plus on a leather trans but thats my opinion.

And yes the problem is going to be instead of taking the time to cultivate the line it will inevitably be done the same way others were to produce them quick. its a sad fact.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:52 PM   #36
spyder79
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris allen View Post
I don't think the hypo trans leathers are worth 2k either honestly, little crazy to me. If people are buying them at that price, more power to them, won't be me though. Id rather have a cool ass looking $200 dragon and buy something else that will actually hold its value. My favorite dragons honestly are probably some of the less expensive ones I have, just a matter of opinion.
my favorite dragon ever is my big male dr. evil and he is a normal light colored (when fired up) dragon. no special genes to him. he is able to throw nice sidebars to his offspring but thats all he is. He is huge and very healthy thats the most important thing and thats why i consider him the best dragon in my collection.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:02 PM   #37
dragonluver83
Quote:
Also, I don't think the problem is going to be the fact that they will have to be inbred. The problem is the people and the race that there's going to be to produce them first. Instead of doing things the right way, linebreeding, outcrossing, etc how many are going to take shortcuts because they think its a get rich quick situation?
That i will go with. but there will be a few that do it right. really its not a race and the ones that do it wrong, it will probly show in there animal.

Quote:
Yes i am 100% certain as i had that explained to me by the OP on bd.org

the price is 4500 plus the import export fee of approximately 1200

and i feel ya chris. id much rather spend 300 bux on a beautiful large bodied dragon than drop 1000 plus on a leather trans but thats my opinion.

And yes the problem is going to be instead of taking the time to cultivate the line it will inevitably be done the same way others were to produce them quick. its a sad fact.
Okay well its not like i was getting one anyway, but that made it that much worse..

Old 02-07-2010, 11:05 PM   #38
dragonluver83
Quote:
No doubt, im with you. my most expense one went for 1000 but it was pretty hot too... and my cheapest was 650. there def. no two grans animals. but i mean these animals arent trash and breeders have gone through alot to produce what we have. so some dragons def. deserve the dollar value they get. but some breeders just abuse what they have and over price it.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #39
spyder79
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonluver83 View Post
Wasn't all recessive traits inbred??? Now where are we with hypos and translucents??? So now you bad mouthing every morph we have.
yes actually if you look at the background health wise of hypos there are tons of problems with them as well though they are so spread out now that its not such a problem though there are still ones that pop up with severe genetic issues.

But yes hypos are in the same list as trans and leathers. just not as bad now because of how spread out they are. I own a hypo but he is very healthy and good sized. And i wouldnt reproduce him if he wasnt of good size. The norm for dragons has gotten rediculous to think that its ok to reproduce a 16 inch dragon is in my opinion wrong. anyway im getting off on a tangent im out.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:28 PM   #40
mmdragons
Hey Witblits,
I am truly sorry for insulting your dragons on the for sale ad. I looked at your website and being that they are patternless at such a young age is actually pretty sweet. You must have something special if they consistently hatching you this way is very different that anything I have seen. I think these dragons would be cool as all red. Good luck!
Max Stephens

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!