ididit... put your money where your mouth is - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:02 PM   #21
Lucille
"this is the only mis-information you bitch about I will gladly clear up. Since your community college course did not cover it. I have been shooting 18 years. You dont hold a candle to me.... I will type slow so you understand. "

There are people who become experts and researchers and scientists, and use their expertise for humanity, that is where we get our Nobel prize winners.

There are people who become experts and are generous in showing their expertise, and who see the world their own way and are willing to let others see their vision. That is where we get great artists, writers, actors, etc. and Kevin is one of those.

There are people who become experts and use their talent to boost themselves by putting others down. That's where we get sad and wasted lives, because that path can never lead to happiness and fulfillment.

I feel sorry for the guy who said the above quote. He was given the gift of talent, and squandered it.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:19 PM   #22
MinLynn
Aw, now you're going to make me post a portrait,aren't you?! Keep in mind that I don't have anywhere near your experiance! I've only been doing this for about 2 years and am self-taught.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:03 PM   #23
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
"this is the only mis-information you bitch about I will gladly clear up. Since your community college course did not cover it. I have been shooting 18 years. You dont hold a candle to me.... I will type slow so you understand. "

There are people who become experts and researchers and scientists, and use their expertise for humanity, that is where we get our Nobel prize winners.

There are people who become experts and are generous in showing their expertise, and who see the world their own way and are willing to let others see their vision. That is where we get great artists, writers, actors, etc. and Kevin is one of those.

There are people who become experts and use their talent to boost themselves by putting others down. That's where we get sad and wasted lives, because that path can never lead to happiness and fulfillment.

I feel sorry for the guy who said the above quote. He was given the gift of talent, and squandered it.
your right Lucille... with his very first post he wanted to come after me stating I was shoveling flase information or misinformation as he put it.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:13 PM   #24
TailsWithScales
Hey Kev. Is there a way to get over the internet lesson since you have the exact same camera as I do??

Old 08-29-2010, 03:17 PM   #25
polasian
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
last time I had to upgrade photography drives... I had over 25,000 images to copy over.... and I still have a great majority of those that I need to process because I shoot in RAW...
I know why you've taken so many pics (its part of the job)...

Old 08-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #26
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailsWithScales View Post
Hey Kev. Is there a way to get over the internet lesson since you have the exact same camera as I do??
I would be willing to teach you everything I know. All you have to do is ask questions.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #27
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by polasian View Post
I know why you've taken so many pics (its part of the job)...

come here you

Old 08-29-2010, 03:28 PM   #28
TailsWithScales
I have a Nikon D80. I shoot just about everything. But mainly my targets are extremely fast moving road racing motorcycles.
I need to set the camera to RAW.
And just learn modes and shutter speeds.
Of course the instruction manual teaches nothing. I'm trying to self teach but it's not going well. I also am not sure what questions to ask.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:31 PM   #29
Southern Wolf
To stop the action of racing bikes... you need a fast shutter speed. In order to get the correct exposure at a fast shutter speed... you have to change one of two parameters. The ISO setting or the apature.

f/4 on the apature lets in more light than say f/16... the downside is you loose Depth of Field (DOF).

I dont know what ISO your currently shooting at.... but you can try to bump it up to ISO 1000. This will let in ALOT of light... and then you can really increase your shutter speed to stop the motion of the bikes.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:32 PM   #30
Southern Wolf
IF you shoot RAW format... you will have to have software to process it. I have never used the software that comes from Nikon so I cant tell you how good it is. I use either PhotoShop CS2 or Lightroom

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!