ididit... put your money where your mouth is - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:39 AM   #61
ididit
First of all I never once questioned your skills as a photographer. This statement right here is what I questioned.

Why in the world are you shooting at ISO 1600!!!! That lets in so much light its not funny... and there is no way that a shutter speed of 1/125 and f/5.6 is going to compensate for that much light.

You took my post and got defensive. If that is the way you want handle it totally up to you.
As for my images. I dont really care how you feel about. They hang in galleries through out the US. They are not $20 lab prints. You really want to toot your horn and you are doing well. Some of or your images are nice... some not so much. When you are ready to quit your and support yourself with what you are doing let me know how it goes.
I have no reason to post a single image here. I am glad you are not worried about my images. This is not a contest. But you made it one.

I hope everyone enjoys my web site... I have images to send to clients now. Granted not like Kevins stuff. But I do alright.
Thanks for this Kevin. You are a stand up kinda guy. You keep coming at me with something to prove. Let me know when you get there.

FYI the crackle animals pics are something you could never afford.... ENJOY!

Old 08-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #62
Abby
Awesome photos Kevin Love the wolves!

Old 08-30-2010, 10:49 AM   #63
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by ididit View Post
First of all I never once questioned your skills as a photographer. This statement right here is what I questioned.

Why in the world are you shooting at ISO 1600!!!! That lets in so much light its not funny... and there is no way that a shutter speed of 1/125 and f/5.6 is going to compensate for that much light.

You took my post and got defensive. If that is the way you want handle it totally up to you.
As for my images. I dont really care how you feel about. They hang in galleries through out the US. They are not $20 lab prints. You really want to toot your horn and you are doing well. Some of or your images are nice... some not so much. When you are ready to quit your and support yourself with what you are doing let me know how it goes.
I have no reason to post a single image here. I am glad you are not worried about my images. This is not a contest. But you made it one.

I hope everyone enjoys my web site... I have images to send to clients now. Granted not like Kevins stuff. But I do alright.
Thanks for this Kevin. You are a stand up kinda guy. You keep coming at me with something to prove. Let me know when you get there.

FYI the crackle animals pics are something you could never afford.... ENJOY!
Once again..... you are assuming. I thought we worked this out when you called me this morning. You no nothing about me... .and you dont know what I can or cant afford.

And as far as $20 lab prints..... I have photo's hanging in HOUSES across the US. I'd rather my photograhy be enjoyed by family's vs being hung up in some stuffy gallery. I honestly could care less if I even have a photo in some gallery. As to it being priced at $20.... I make my photography affordable to the masses.

As to the contest.... like I told you on the phone. You made it into a contest when you posted this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ididit
... Since your community college course did not cover it. I have been shooting 18 years. You dont hold a candle to me....
Like I told you on the phone... I was more than willing to get into a friendly rivalry with you on seeing who could post the best shot. When it comes to nature photography... I feel I can hold my own against most anybody. (I do however know an Italian guy that I'd never go up against.... it would be sucidial)

As to what you do.... there is a reason Im not doing it. I tried the fast paced world of photography. I didnt enjoy the fact that I was told you have 10sec on each shot (or whatever other time frame you want to put). When I worked as the photographer for the modeling agency it became clear that I didnt enjoy the fast paced world. On one particular event I got about 10 seconds to compose and fire off two rounds per kid.... and I was photographing around 120 kids. My client was happy with my work... but I didnt enjoy it.

I do nature photography because I enjoy it. I shoot the way I do because I enjoy it and it challenges me to show my viewers something maybe they have never seen before. There is a very good chance I could have gone pro and be supporting myself with my photography right now. I CHOSE a different path, because if I got into a style of photography just to make money... then eventually I would hate photography.

A couple of years ago I hung out with a photographer from PA (he made his living on people photography) on our annual week long herping trip. One of the things he told me was my passion for photography shows thru when your around me and I have my camera in my hand. The other thing he told me... and I took it to heart. He has lost his passion because in order to pay the bills he had to get into a style of photography that he doesn't enjoy. Unless he is at work... he doesn't pick up the camera. I had no desires to become him.

Like I said here and on the phone... you dont know me. You dont know where Ive been with my photography.

He told me on the phone he's not posting photos.... and we said our peace there.... so I see no reason for this thread to continue.

maybe I'll make another one Yep... I think I will

Old 08-30-2010, 08:15 PM   #64
TailsWithScales
Here are some of my shots to give you an idea. Hope you don't mind.

I can post some motorbike shots later when I get home

This is the face of pain.

So it's not just motorbikes and wildlife.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:41 PM   #65
Michael Brown
I dont want lesson's in photography, and At my work computer I cant see most of the images you posted. But I do want to say that I'm extremely glad you stuck up for yourself, because it takes really low self esteem for people ( like ididit ) to insult someone just trying to help. Your knowledge is overwelming (for me at least), and It's just really nice to see someone that intelligent (yourself) keep your cool and prove your point.

Again I aploud you

cheers

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!