My favorite female boa. And my first. Passed away - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-22-2015, 08:47 AM   #1
allreptiles1966
Unhappy My favorite female boa. And my first. Passed away

I've been waiting for this litter to come. This girl was my favorite. She was a breeder but my pet also. Unlike most of my others. She was an 07 het I first bought when I stopped breeding beardies. She had the best personality. The best. She was almost 8' and loved to crawl out of her cage an onto me,where she'd stay for an hr or more.
She's the big girl in my pic in my profile. I know it's just a snake,but it hurt to find her dead. And not because of the $ loss!! I seen her paper in her boaphile all ruffled up to where you couldn't see inside the cage. I was happy,thinking she had the litter I was expecting. But instead I found her laying on her belly,dead! I thought maybe I could save any babies that might still be alive.,but she was full of unfertilized eggs. Very sad. My first to go like this.

Could it be should couldn't pass them and died trying? I know it could be many things. But she was in perfect health. So I thought.
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2015, 09:05 AM   #2
Bronx Boa
Sorry to hear Rich!

The BronX BoA

Old 03-22-2015, 09:25 AM   #3
bcr229
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved pet is never easy - and she obviously wasn't just a snake to you.

Breeding any animal has its risks, and unfortunately reptiles can hide health problems very well.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:49 AM   #4
thesarge2014
So sorry for your loss. I have been there and know that terrible feeling. The most favorite snakes are the ones that go. Bill

Old 03-22-2015, 11:35 AM   #5
Lucille
Condolences on the passing of your beautiful pet boa

Old 03-22-2015, 05:28 PM   #6
Snakesitter
I am so very sorry for your loss, Rich. I've been through something similar -- that brush with a misdiagnosis a few years back that claimed my favorite snake ever, Topaz. I miss her to this day. As someone else noted, breeding is the cause of more losses in this industry than anything short of disease. I'm sure she had a wonderful life with you, and left you with equally wonderful memories. May she rest in peace.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:19 PM   #7
Helenthereef
Very sorry to hear this, As others have said it's hard to know what's going on with a reptile until it's too late. No consolation I know.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:01 PM   #8
allreptiles1966
Thank you everyone. I never thought it would bother me like it does. I guess as I'm getting older,I'm more caring in the heart.

Old 03-23-2015, 03:18 AM   #9
Durante
Sorry for your loss Rich. Not sure how much getting older has to do with it but know it hurts regardless. I couldn't say for a fact what caused her death but know being gravid or just breeding alone can be rough & usually involves risk. Sorry to hear the bad news.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:39 AM   #10
AbsoluteApril
Very sorry for your loss Rich.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!