Boa Imperator pics - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-08-2019, 06:43 AM   #11
Randall Turner
Good looking animals in the earlier posts, don't know how I missed them... Regarding your pairing, good luck, hope you have success.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:58 AM   #12
wvaherp
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardhind1972 View Post
Fingers crossed then mate

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
Indeed. Thank you sir!

Sent via the android pony express

Old 02-08-2019, 09:58 AM   #13
wvaherp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Turner View Post
Good looking animals in the earlier posts, don't know how I missed them... Regarding your pairing, good luck, hope you have success.
Thanks Randall!

Old 02-17-2019, 03:47 PM   #14
wvaherp
Reintroduced the male into the female's cage after a small meal and couple day break. I was actually going to wait another day, but the male was tearing up his cage today. Pretty sure ky guess as to why was accurate because he immediately started courting her again and was locked within 10 minutes. They've been at it for almost 2 hours now. A little while ago I saw him tensing up every 10-20 seconds, so I'm guessing those were ejaculatory spasms.

She's showing some swelling on her lower 3rd in the last day or so (hard to tell from the pictures, but you can kinda see it), so it seems ovulation is probably occurring. Fingers crossed!!!

Old 02-17-2019, 06:56 PM   #15
JCCS
That's not ejaculatory spasms if I'm not mistaken but are the result of him "spurring" the female with his vestigal legs.

Old 02-17-2019, 07:19 PM   #16
Pasodama
Nice boas.
Good luck on the current pairing!

Old 02-17-2019, 08:09 PM   #17
wvaherp
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
That's not ejaculatory spasms if I'm not mistaken but are the result of him "spurring" the female with his vestigal legs.
Not saying you're wrong, but I witnessed spurring last week without any spasms. In fact, I got to witness him moving his spurs independently in a circular motion. It was pretty cool to see since I've only heard of them doing that before then.

What I witnessed today were whole-body muscle contractions while they were actually locked (or at least I think they were considering their alignment was right and he was definitely everted). That's why I was thinking they had to do with ejaculation instead of spurring.

I've got a video I'll try to upload sometime soon to show what I mean.

Old 02-17-2019, 08:10 PM   #18
wvaherp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
Nice boas.
Good luck on the current pairing!
Thanks! Fingers crossed!!

Old 02-17-2019, 08:28 PM   #19
elena
Snakes don't ejaculate. Sperm has to a actually swim from one snake to another.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:45 PM   #20
wvaherp
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
Snakes don't ejaculate. Sperm has to a actually swim from one snake to another.
Technically they do have to ejaculate. Otherwise the sperm wouldn't be mixed with the other fluids that make up seminal fluid itself. That's nothing specific to snakes but really for most, if not all, vertebrates. My understanding has always been that it's effectively in slow motion with snakes as compared to mammals, but it's still a part of their mating.

I'll post the clip as soon as I have a chance to show what I saw (or at least what you can see of it im ther clip), but it certainly appeared to be an ejaculatory spasm as they appeared to be locked already and he was not visibly spurring.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!