Bad Guy Snakes At Sunset - Terrible Communication - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-12-2016, 08:48 PM   #11
Snakesatsunset
we try to keep up, sometimes we miss a request here and there

Old 11-12-2016, 10:30 PM   #12
tim brophy
This hardly seems serious enough to warrant a bad guy thread. Lizard was delivered and looks great. Enough whining already.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:36 PM   #13
Fatalis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim brophy View Post
This hardly seems serious enough to warrant a bad guy thread. Lizard was delivered and looks great. Enough whining already.
I believe the purpose of the BOI is to review buyers and sellers in any and all capacity. A bad guy thread does not have to have a deadly serious topic to have merit. Communication or lack thereof definitely merits review. I do not deny that I am happy with the iguana and he appears healthy, but the lack of good communication and no proper notice of the animal being shipped will make me wary of ever purchasing from Snakes At Sunset again.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:47 PM   #14
minicopilot1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalis View Post
I believe the purpose of the BOI is to review buyers and sellers in any and all capacity. A bad guy thread does not have to have a deadly serious topic to have merit. Communication or lack thereof definitely merits review. I do not deny that I am happy with the iguana and he appears healthy, but the lack of good communication and no proper notice of the animal being shipped will make me wary of ever purchasing from Snakes At Sunset again.
AGREED. Terrible communication!

Old 11-12-2016, 10:52 PM   #15
Fatalis
And not to mention that age of the animal and potential treatment of parasites is definitely essential to know to be fully prepared.. While it states on their page for blue iguanas that they are hatchlings, one person who left a review stated that the one they received was about a year old.

Old 11-13-2016, 04:15 AM   #16
The Hairy Whale
The one time I ordered with them it went fairly well (back in July). While they were slower at communication and I ended up getting a different animal than I was sent pictures of, everything else was acceptable on their part. No reason to not do business with them, in my opinion. Though I thought it was weird that they wanted to place the order via phone call.

Old 11-13-2016, 08:41 AM   #17
Black Adder
I have heard some people have had comms problems with Michael, however we have bought 3 snakes from him, all comms were good and timely, animals were exactly as described and delivered exactly when stated.
If they had anything I wanted I would have no qualms buying from him again.

Old 11-13-2016, 03:04 PM   #18
TomC
I can tell you Mike/Snakes of Sunset does a hell of a better job than some of the other larger reptile sellers. I have purchased animals worth thousands of dollars from overseas and they import and reship the packages. I can't imagine they make too much money off of this. It was done in a timely manner and even when I didn't get the automatic FedEx tracking number, I called Mike and he sent it to me within an hour on a Saturday. Knowing they do this for animals they aren't even selling I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them directly.

Old 11-13-2016, 03:14 PM   #19
Helenthereef
I think this thread is worthwhile - it's not been bad enough to stop people buying from them, but at least future customers will know they might have to hang on a while.

Hopefully Snakes at Sunset can take this as useful and constructive criticism and step up their communications - it's fairly obviously not been their strong point.

Old 11-14-2016, 12:10 AM   #20
calebroad
I did a trade with Mike/Snakes at sunset. Was very happy, he received my animals, and he promptly shipped his animals to me. I had no issues during my transaction.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!