Best Thermostat for single rack? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 01-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #21
MattK
Also, if I went with the belly heat option, what is the easiest way to connect 10 separate pieces of flexwatt to one thermostat? Can all ten pieces be connected to one plug? Sorry to seem like such a beginner, I'm used to dealing with large separate heat pads or panels for larger snakes. This medium sized snake set up is new to me. I appreciate all the help guys,thanks.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:16 PM   #22
redhood23
Matt here is how you can set them in paralell. I do not think you have faulty heat tape. I think it may be a faulty connection. I have had the same problem. Did you use the crimping tool for the flexwatt? If not you may want to use a vice to pinch the clips together. Another thing you can do is solder it. here is that link:
http://www.beanfarm.com/heating/Flexwatt_parallel.pdf

Old 03-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #23
MattK
I had the clips already attached when it was sent to me. This is becoming a very big hassle so I think I'll use the 6ft strip i have now for belly heat for a larger snake and just buy 10 piece belly heat version.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:44 AM   #24
vafishinpa
I prefer to solder my heat tape to the wire to ensure a connection. It is a little bit of a pain to strip the plastic off the copper without damaging it, but I find its worth it. I have been using heat tape in this fashion for a decade.
Thermostats, thats a different animal. I use multiple pieces of 11" flex-watt hooked in parallel on one thermostat. I generally use a rheostat to prevent the heat tape from ever getting too hot in conjunction with the thermostat.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:50 PM   #25
scaledverts
I know this question related to a post over a month ago but:

How are you measuring your temps at the back of the tubs?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!