Vision CB 70 Racks - Any good? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 09-04-2006, 05:55 AM   #21
jglass38
I saw the Vision racks in person at Daytona and they are absolute crap. Cheap plastic garbage in my opinion. I can't imagine that ANY big breeder is using these, regardless of how much Vision is paying them to say they are.

Old 09-04-2006, 09:32 PM   #22
SPJ
I got a chance to see them up close and personal.
Even though vision has great customer service, these racks are not as nice as they looked on their site.
It just didnt look (or feel) like they will last very long.
I ended up getting a few more racks from Casey and ordering an AP 10 slot one as well (went with the new rounded corner design).

Old 09-04-2006, 10:06 PM   #23
hhmoore
I had seen them once, but heard there were some revisions...I was hoping that the new improved version was better. Oh well...(sigh)

I've been considering the AP 10 slot also...but that is for another thread, lol

Old 09-05-2006, 07:11 AM   #24
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
I had seen them once, but heard there were some revisions...I was hoping that the new improved version was better. Oh well...(sigh)

I've been considering the AP 10 slot also...but that is for another thread, lol
While its a bit more, I would look at the ARS 7010. Real breeder quality racks. I am thrilled with them...

Old 09-05-2006, 08:38 AM   #25
hhmoore
believe me, I am looking at them. The main problem is the delivery issues - I haven't figured out a good way to meet their suggestions shipping to a business with a dock). Did you have them delivered to your home? If so - if you don't mind telling - how much did shipping come to?

I am not so much looking at them for the 70 series tubs, either...my current setup has an 8ft tall, 35in wide melamine rack, that is just as heavy as you would imagine. BUT, it will hold 28 comparably sized sterilite tubs. For me to replace it with the 7030 model, I would have to remove my other rack...which holds several levels of of 28 qt sterilites, as well as 4 of the huge ones (the ones they market for Christmas storage - these may be replaced by more 4x2x1 cages, allowing for a few more shelves of 28). I'm looking for something that will house tubs comparable in size to the sterilite 28 qt

Old 09-05-2006, 09:02 AM   #26
jglass38
Quote:
believe me, I am looking at them. The main problem is the delivery issues - I haven't figured out a good way to meet their suggestions shipping to a business with a dock). Did you have them delivered to your home? If so - if you don't mind telling - how much did shipping come to?

I am not so much looking at them for the 70 series tubs, either...my current setup has an 8ft tall, 35in wide melamine rack, that is just as heavy as you would imagine. BUT, it will hold 28 comparably sized sterilite tubs. For me to replace it with the 7030 model, I would have to remove my other rack...which holds several levels of of 28 qt sterilites, as well as 4 of the huge ones (the ones they market for Christmas storage - these may be replaced by more 4x2x1 cages, allowing for a few more shelves of 28). I'm looking for something that will house tubs comparable in size to the sterilite 28 qt
I had it delivered via Greyhound and picked it up at the local terminal. Total cost was $100. The 7010 was 5 boxes and pretty easy to get home.

Old 09-05-2006, 09:04 AM   #27
hhmoore
yeah, I saw that in your initial post (the review), right after I submitted that
oops

Old 09-05-2006, 09:09 AM   #28
jglass38
Quote:
yeah, I saw that in your initial post (the review), right after I submitted that
oops

Haha...No problem! It actually worked out well. My decision was between Freedom Breeder and ARS. FB charged $200 more for the product and they wanted $250-$300 for shipping. Big difference...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!