yELLOW tAILS AT lllrEPTILE - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-26-2007, 09:38 PM   #1
Giantsfan24
yELLOW tAILS AT lllrEPTILE

I just saw that LLL got some yellow tails in. It doesnt look like they are CB. Should I maybe pick 1 up? They are 350 i think.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:54 AM   #2
epidemic
I generally do not recommend anyone acquire WC D. corais, unless they have a solid background working with the species, as WC specimens are often plagued by internal parasitic loads, dehydrated and temperamental. It can take a year, or longer, to successfully treat internal parasitic loads and I normally keep such specimens in quarantine for 18 months, as Drys are often senstive to many conventional forms of treatment. Also, most all WC specimens become dehydrated during transport and few are sufficiently hydrated upon arriving to the US and making it to their final captive destination. This creates a precarious situation for the snakes, as dehydration causes both accute and chronic renal failure, the latter of which, often goes unnoticed by the inexperienced keeper, as the snake will feed and appear outwardly healthy. However, many simply end up dead within the enclosure for no apparent reason within weeks or even months.
Should you harbor a good deal of experience with Drymarchon spp. and/or the acclimation of WC specimens, then you may find the acquisition of WC D. corais both enjoyable and rewarding. Should you not harbor such experience, I'd recommend you hold onto your hard earned money for the acquisition of CB or established LTC specimens, as such do become available on occassion and a bit of patience will get you far with Drys...

Best regards,

Jeff

Old 03-27-2007, 02:16 PM   #3
Giantsfan24
I will do just that. I do not infact have exp. with WC yellow tails(or any cribo or indigo) and so I will steer clear from them. I'm sure you understand that it is tempting seeing as no one seams to have any cb/ltc affordable cribos/indigos(and im not talking about $1100 being a good price for an eastern indigo since i would never pay that much for 1 animal).

Thanks again jeff. You are truly an asset to these boards. Shoot me a pm if you see any indigos/cribos or better yet, an adult/sub adult False Water Cobra.
Matt

Old 04-29-2007, 03:14 PM   #4
Kaa needs a wife
Depends they are both very nippy. The female even tried to eat my thumb but is very very good looking. the male is 7' or so the female around 4.5. The male I heard got some sort of fungal infection from his cage or one of the other snakes in there decided to beat on him. I am not sure of the reason so he is not for sale right now. I went and looked at both of these snakes the day they came in. Did you look at them? If so what did you think?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!