Animal Plastics Caging..Have u ever seen this? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 01-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #21
hhmoore
Quote:
Animal Plastics produce the best caging and I am thrilled at thier customer service
Might as well go to one of their existing BOI threads, and post that sentiment there - they certainly deserve the praise.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:30 AM   #22
cris78
will do...they do deserve amazing praise..never doubted them..she did say since the mega rays are self balested they reflect some heat back.so I will prolly go w/ a lower wattage bulb...any ideas on what brand?? I know Mega rays are considered the best, but if causes a heat problem I guess I have to change, or just see how the spacers do. and now w/ the spacers they put in it will lower the bulb hight so might not need a 100 watt. But since they made the upgrades in thier fixtures it shouldnt happen again..
she said thier goal is to make all customers happy w/ product no time limit of course unless its something the customer did wrong of course.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:35 AM   #23
Cat_72
You need to be careful too that they aren't too close to a Mega-ray not only because of the temps, but the high UV output. Even if you went with a lower wattage, you still need to make sure you keep the minimum distance between the critter and the bulb.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:53 AM   #24
cris78
yea Im going to have to go w/ a different kind..I think 100watt is the lowest they go..they make 150..and zoo quality bulbs

Old 01-31-2009, 04:35 AM   #25
Race22
I am new here, this is my first post as well; so Please forgive me if my post in not appropiate here. I tried looking for a post as to comparing three different cage manufactures, and didn't find one that's why I am asking here. A.P cages, Monster cages, and Boaphile cages all plastic, which one would you recomend? A.P. looks strong but basic looking, Monster cages look a bit cheaply made, and Boaphile looks the best in craftmenship and looks. Does anyone have not an opinion, but true facts on each?
Once again.... I am sorry if I put this post (question) in the unappropiate spot, this is my very first post on this forum.
Thank You very Much.

Old 01-31-2009, 05:12 AM   #26
hhmoore
I'm not familiar with Monster Cages' product...but there are many differences between Boaphile and Animal Plastics. Boaphile cages are 1/4, compared to AP's 1/2 - which means that Boaphiles are lighter, but the APs seem sturdier. Boaphiles are heat bent and (I believe) both chemical and thermal welded, and are shipped ready to use. AP cages are shipped disassembled, and put together with screws. They send a tube of sealant/bond. (The plus side there is that AP cages can be disassembled later, if desired) AP cages can be ordered with sliding, drop down, or swing out doors. Boaphile cages have around the door ventilation, which is by far my preferred method.
In either case, you will be waiting for cages. Typically 5 weeks for AP...my understanding is that it tends to run longer for boaphiles.

Boaphile - emails get auto responses, but rarely get real answers. But, phone calls do get picked up and/or returned.
AP - email, call, whatever...I've done both with the same great results. (emails are done at the end of the day, at least from what I've seen)

IMO, AP's customer service can't be beat.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:44 AM   #27
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post

IMO, AP's customer service can't be beat.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:22 PM   #28
Race22
Thank You hhMoore,
Man.... I pretty much new most of your comparisons; I like the fact that you can take A.P. apart again (when you move, or what not), also that one has their choices of type of doors. I like swing doors, but want doors that swing out from the center of the cage & not from the ends of the cage; "center opening" put one volnurable to the center of the cage, outer opening allows one to be at outer ends of ea. side of the cage to throw in food, etc.
My real hope was if people could give me their personal experience with both Co. customer relations (how each treat their customers-very important to me), and their experience with their cages.
Hey thank you once again to all; i really mean this....thank you

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!