Lucky, the rescued Savannah Monitor. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-09-2008, 04:21 PM   #21
Kiote_9
Great video!

It's sad how you got him, but it wonderful that you DID get him and give him the life he deserves.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:30 PM   #22
TheFragginDragon
Well, Lucky made his public debut at the 4H Animal Mania event in Port Huron Michigan this last Saturday 3/14/09. I was invited to participate, so it was a given that Lucky would be there. I swear my table was crowded the whole day! A good friend of mine who runs another website (michiganpets.net) shot pics and videos and, well, here is the result. FYI, it's shot in HD, so if you hit the 'HD' button on the bottom right of the viewer, you'll get a better quality vid. Dial up NONO.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:08 PM   #23
RiffDawg15
Great job John, you have done such a wonderful thing. Im sure Lucky is so appreciative of everything you have done for him. He looks beautiful and is very "Lucky" to have been rescued by someone of your kind nature.

Keep us updated and of course post more pics!!

Old 03-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #24
Miss Tuniwha
JOHN! How dang CUTE!

It's amazing how far he has come, he looks soo good hun!!

Good job, and keep us posted!

Old 03-17-2009, 06:36 PM   #25
TheFragginDragon
Thanks Brandi and Danny!

You know, it may sound corny, but I just can't tell you how good it makes me feel to have him greet me at the front of his cage when I get home from work and he actually climbs up onto my shoulders, ready for his dinner and exercise routine. It doesn't get much better than that .

Old 03-17-2009, 07:18 PM   #26
RiffDawg15
I can relate to that John. I rescued my Iguana a couple weeks ago. When I got him he was skinny, dehydrated and not tame at all. I have now gotten his weight back on and he is very well hydrated and healthy as can be. He is now very active and climbs to the top of his vine everytime I walk up to his cage. He now allows me to reach right in and scoop him up. Used to he would run away, but now he hops right on my hand and climbs up my arm and sits on my shoulder. I ended up naming him "Popeye" because his arm was swollen at the wrist when I got him. I think it was either a small case of MBD or maybe an injury, but anyways it reminded me of Popeye the cartoon, so thats what we named him haha. Now the swelling has gone down a lot and it doesnt bother him at all.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:24 PM   #27
TheFragginDragon
Outstanding job Danny! Yep, in a world with so many bummers around us these days, it's awesome to have something to feel great about

Old 03-17-2009, 07:41 PM   #28
wyldwurm
WoW, awesome Sav John! What a great thing to do! You really did a wonderful job with him!

The only run-in I ever had with a sav was when one was given to me. It bit onto the palm of my hand and did NOT let go. He never let me near him but was great with my boyfriend.

Glad he has you!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!