Black Knight = Death - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 07-14-2003, 10:54 PM   #31
JasonBrennan
Quote:
Yes but... Robin and the entire crew down at P.E. are among the very best in the Industry... and you're from Canada.

So that pretty much explains how much your opinion on the matter is worth.
Wow! That was just plain rude and uncalled for!! What does being from Canada have to do with anything? Just because she is from Canada, she can't have an opinion worthy of being expressed?

Old 07-15-2003, 07:38 PM   #32
sputnik
And it works very well on mites when used properly with a dash of commonsense thrown in!

Old 07-16-2003, 02:54 PM   #33
robyn@Pro Exotics
hey Orange Tim, since you so like to stir up "trouble" hows about you post your full name?

thanks...

robyn markland@Pro Exotics

Old 07-16-2003, 05:46 PM   #34
orangecornsnake
Not trying to stir up trouble, just getting the message out, no matter what you guys may say this product will kill your snake..... if not used the right way, not everyone knows this, now i see a little change in your web site about how to use blacknight, thats a positive thing keep the herpers informed, you have a great site i have been there many times keep up the good work , thats all i have to say

Tim McEwen Plymouth MA

Old 07-16-2003, 07:03 PM   #35
robyn@Pro Exotics
the "change" on the site has been there for quite some time.

we can all agree that reptile mites are a terror. you HAVE to get rid of them.

we have used many different products, for many years, and Black Knight is the best product available. there is nothing "safer" as all the effective products are chemical pesticide based.

Black Knight is certainly a better choice than the "olive/vegetable oil" concoctions and other useless myths that folks so freely give out to neophytes that don't know any better ("just soak 'em for an hour, that'll do it!"). that is the blind leading the blind. i have used this product and i believe in this product, and while it is certainly not foolproof, it is still the best available treatment.

thanks for the comments on the site.

Black Knight=dead mites

Old 07-17-2003, 05:06 PM   #36
gila7150
my experience

I got a new snake a while back and didn't notice it had some mites until about a week later. It was in quarantine but i had some snakes in the bedroom next door so I decided to treat any snakes that had been anywhere near this one just in case (I'm a little paranoid).
I treated about 40 snakes. I pulled all the water bowls, replaced the substrates with newspaper and used as directed. I only had a problem with one snake...a western hognose. I noticed that evening that this hognose was having spasms/convulsions. I put the hognose in a cage that hadn't been treated and planned to bring him to the vet first thing in the morning. The next morning he was fine and he's never had any problems since.
I've never seen another mite on the snake that had them or any other snake in my collection. I think Black Knight is a good product and would use it again if I ever needed to. I think it's important to use it as directed and monitor your animals afterward for any adverse effects.

Old 07-17-2003, 07:28 PM   #37
Boavoyage
I have used Black Knight for treatment as well as preventative treatment for over a year, and I am very happy with the result, even more happy than Provent-A-Mite, the first chemical I used. With Provent-A-Mite, two of my boas had shedding problem (there habitat condition are same before and after spraying Provent-A-Mite). It also took 3 or more applications in order to get rid of mite.
With Black Knight, I just slightly spray the cages/containers with my animals and water dishes REMOVED, and wait for a second or two before I put them back. Although I slightly spray the cages/containers, the mist caused fog in the containers, so you don't really need to spray it like air freshener Also, I can see the result right after the first application, and most of the time, I don't need to put the second application until a month later, for preventative. I spray all my animals whenever I bring a new one in the collection, or every 2 months for preventative treatment. Hope this help.

Old 08-08-2003, 08:52 AM   #38
David Boggs
Provent a mite

Sorry about your green snake dude, I know they are beautiful and fun little animals. Like some of the other replies have stated, Provent a mite is a great product. I started using it about 3 years ago after I saw it advertised in Reptiles magazine. I have followed the instructions on the can, to include waiting until cage furniture and substrate are dry. I have recieved several mite infested snakes over the last few years and provent a mite does the trick every time. You can now purchase it in most reptile stores or order through a reptile supply company.

Old 08-14-2003, 04:08 PM   #39
drizzt_19
Quote:
Originally posted by SPJ
I had a rough green snake go into convulsions and die when I used it.
Don't most green snakes get their water by drinking the droplets of water that forms on their body, when they are misted....I could be wrong but I know my green snake did that...

Are you sure it was inhalation and not digestion of BK roach spray that killed it...

Just my two cents

Old 03-16-2004, 10:14 AM   #40
mingdurga
Talking Mite treatment???

In the past 10 years I've had snake mites 2x and treated successfully with NIX. This is sold over the counter in Pharmacy stores. Used as a hair lice treatment for children. Comes in 2 oz jar for about $10. One qt. water per ounce or adjust accordingly for one time usage. Only the water dish is removed from cage before a light spritzing is applied in entire cage. Mites disappeared in minutes. Replace water dish in 15 minutes. (Never had a heavy infestation and used with snakes only, since that is all I keep.) Of course the best solution is to isolate new snakes on white paper for 2 weeks to see if the sob's pop up.

Mike

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!