Adopting a Sav - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-09-2005, 02:53 PM   #31
DAND
It looks pretty good. The belly doesn't look thin and the tail looks like it could hold more but it looks well enough. The head does look a little stubbed/stout. Are the fingers and toes okay?

Old 09-09-2005, 03:30 PM   #32
hhmoore
I agree that the snout looks a bit short, esp in the second pic, but there is typically some structural change as they grow anyway...time will tell. From the photo, (and assuming it is in a 20 long) I would say it is probably around 16-17 inches...definitely small for its age. the body characteristics are interesting, though. You say this was taken last night, and you fed it today - but the belly looks nice and round. 2 guesses: 1) it drank a whole lot of water since your aunt said she was going to put some in, and/or 2) a belly full of worms. Overall, it isn't as thin as one would expect, given the story - my feeling is that the temps were probably low enough that it didn't need to burn all its fat stores (or it was better fed than you thought). Take a look at the base of the tail, the upper part of the legs, and where the legs meet the body (esp the front), though. To me it just looks a little light in those areas. could be the pic, could be me looking too hard. In any event, the little fella definitely looks like he will do well with the proper care...enjoy him!

Old 09-09-2005, 05:39 PM   #33
TrpnBils
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
It looks pretty good. The belly doesn't look thin and the tail looks like it could hold more but it looks well enough. The head does look a little stubbed/stout. Are the fingers and toes okay?
Hi there, I didn't know you ever ventured over this forum...

Probably a third to a half of the claws are missing, but the toes are healed over fine and it doesn't look like it presents much of a problem. Also, the tail is a little funky at about the last half inch or so. It looks like it was broken off at some point, but it's grown back pretty well, and again, I don't think it'll be a problem.

-----------

As far as the worms go, if that's what it is, we'll find out soon enough. The vet the the zoo uses will be back in her office on Sunday so I'm going to give her a call and get a fecal done. The temps were a problem before I got him too like you mentioned. My cousin left the light on all night long because his bedroom was in the basement and it got cold in there (from what his mom told me anyway). He didn't have any thermometers in the tank, so I'm sure he was just guessing anyway.

Old 09-09-2005, 06:08 PM   #34
TrpnBils
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Also, that animal looks to be a bit bigger than 12 inches in total length. How wide are those pages?
The pages are 12.5" wide. He's at most 14" long, I'll get a picture next to a ruler or something later on tonight once he wakes up.

Old 09-09-2005, 06:09 PM   #35
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrpnBils
Hi there, I didn't know you ever ventured over this forum...
Yeah, I've made a few posts here.

Sounds like it's in a much better place. Hopefully worms aren't going to be a concern but find out either way and go from there. The nails missing aren't too big of a deal. Less to scratch with you with.

Old 09-09-2005, 07:43 PM   #36
TrpnBils
Ah, I forgot to mention, he took a rat pinkie after work today. It was pre-killed and he didn't seem interested at first, but after I teased him with it for a couple of seconds he grabbed it and took it right down

Old 09-10-2005, 01:40 AM   #37
TripleMoonsExotic
Here's a close up picture of my 5 month old Savannah...Notice the longer snout?

Your poor little guy definitly has a bit of a deformity. Whether it's from poor breeding or being confined to a small enclosure, I don't know...
Attached Images

Old 09-10-2005, 07:18 AM   #38
TrpnBils
So what's that mean as far as groth potential - just delayed or not happening?

Old 09-10-2005, 08:42 AM   #39
hhmoore
any answer at this time would be mainly guesswork...only time and food will tell

Old 09-15-2005, 08:05 PM   #40
TrpnBils
Well, okay... the results from the fecal came back negative. However, he's still not right. Every time he goes to the bathroom, he drags his vent across the newspaper and leaves a small trail of blood. Any ideas?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!