Herpstat Thermostat - Any Good? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 02-22-2006, 06:44 PM   #11
v2rherp
i have both helix and herpstats and rancos and johnson controls. i did have one failure with a herpstat! i have not had any failures with helix. i have talked to people that have used helix for many years and no problems. i don't sell thermostats either!

vaughn

Old 02-22-2006, 06:49 PM   #12
MGReptiles
If I remember correctly you had a blown fuse on the Herpstat, not a faulire..lol I sold both the helix and the herpstats and have since stopped carrying the helix because of customer complaints. I dont even sell the helix any more and still get all the garb on them as far as them failing and being dead stick right out of the box. It is really a shame to have an excellt product in your hands and then junk it to save 3 bucks a unit..

Old 02-22-2006, 06:59 PM   #13
v2rherp
it was not a blown fuse, dion said that something was lose or came unsoldered. btw dion's service at www.spyderrobotics.com was good. he repaired the problem and sent it back out promptly. none the less it was a failure and it made me a little nervous. none of my helix's have had a problem. for me i'm going to let some more time go by for herpstat. i believe in the test of time for any product or person. for the record i haven't had any other problems with the other herpstats either.

vaughn

Old 02-22-2006, 07:11 PM   #14
Scott Ashton
Thumbs up

I have a Herpstat II that I have been using since November.

It was very easy to set-up and in proportional mode keeps the temps consistently within .3 - .5 degrees.

Based upon my experience thus far I would not hesitate to reccomend the Herpstat product.

Old 02-23-2006, 06:06 PM   #15
SPJ
WOW THAT WAS FAST!

I placed my order with Matt on 2/19 and the Herpstat arrived today.

Once I get it hooked up, I'll post again. I just need to drill a hole in the rack for the probe and get a bracket to hang the unit on the rack.

It should be up and running by this time tomorrow.

Old 03-15-2006, 06:52 PM   #16
SPJ
What a load of garbage!

I tried to give a positive trader rating to Matt for the excellent product and fast shipping and got this message.

Quote:
SPJ, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
What is this? I need to pay here now to post a trader rating? That is garbage.

Old 03-15-2006, 07:04 PM   #17
MGReptiles
I wouldent think you would ahve to be a paying customer to say someone was good or bad???

Old 03-15-2006, 11:33 PM   #18
cyberfrog
I have 2 herpstats running 2 different racks, one with heat tape, another with heat cable, both have worked solidly since the day they were delivered from Matt G.

Old 03-16-2006, 12:42 AM   #19
shrap
I have two of the Herpstats now. I will be slowly replacing all my stats with these. I truly love them. Thanks again Matt!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!