Vision CB 70 Racks - Any good? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 07-15-2006, 09:48 AM   #11
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ

It seems the redesigned one is good since Ralph Davis, Greg Graziani and Tracy Barker all came forward and said they now use the new Vision racks exclusively and love them. Tracy even said she is keeping bloods in these racks.
Pro Exotics is switching over all of their racks to Vision ones with the new facility.
If these guys are using them for their extreme high dollar animals, then they should be good for my few morphs and normals.
Steve,

Where did you get this info from?

J

Old 07-15-2006, 11:17 AM   #12
Clay Davenport
I'd be interested to know that too. The video and pics of the Barkers setup show they were using almost nothnig but freedom breeders and the few pics on RDRs site that shows a snake still in it's drawer, it's in a powder coated rack as well.
I just can't see why they would be getting rid of such a costly investment to go with vision racks exclusively.
Particularly no matter how much they have improved them since I got mine, the basic design itself just can't equal freedom breeder or ARS powder coated racks. There's a reason they are so much more expensive than the competition.

Old 07-15-2006, 11:19 AM   #13
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport
I'd be interested to know that too. The video and pics of the Barkers setup show they were using almost nothnig but freedom breeders and the few pics on RDRs site that shows a snake still in it's drawer, it's in a powder coated rack as well.
I just can't see why they would be getting rid of such a costly investment to go with vision racks exclusively.
Particularly no matter how much they have improved them since I got mine, the basic design itself just can't equal freedom breeder or ARS powder coated racks. There's a reason they are so much more expensive than the competition.
RDR is 100% Freedom Breeder as far as I am aware. I found the threads on KS where Tracy and Graziani say that they have switched to Vision racks exclusively. I don't buy it. What did they both do with the hundreds of FB racks that they own?

Old 07-15-2006, 11:23 AM   #14
SPJ
Here are some quotes.

Quote:
Here at Graziani Reptiles we have switched our all of our caging over to the Vision Rack Systems. This new system is supported by six steel poles making it extremely rigid. Each level slides down the poles followed by 6 PVC spacers. The lengths of the spacers determine the space between each level. So any container that fits within the footprint of a CB-70 tray will work on this rack. If you, like so many others, are using CB-70 trays there is not a better rack system out there. Now with the new V-35 tub (half the size of the CB-70) you can house twice as many young ball pythons in the same rack. We are also using the Hatchling Racks and love them! The 18 inch shoe boxes are perfect for hatchling ball pythons. If you have any questions about the Vision Rack System feel free to contact us. The new Vision Rack System is AWESOME!!!

(863)465-2228
Greg

Quote:
We have changed all of our ball pythons to these Vision racks and they have not missed a beat--lots of babies this year even with changing them to totally new environments. I like the heat system of that heat cord and love the control of the humidity also. These racks are also what I am raising all of our blood pythons in!!

Tracy/VPI
Quote:
the Ball Python rack from Vision is REALLY well done. we ordered a dozen to check them out, and since we are building a new facility this next year, we will be swapping over all of our sweater box style racking to the Vision stuff. hundreds and hundreds of cages.

they are a terrific value, super sturdy, yet super simple and well thought out.
-----
robyn@proexotics.com

Pro Exotics Reptiles

Old 07-15-2006, 11:27 AM   #15
SPJ
That I cannot answer.

I was just going by the fact they say they use these to house extremely expensive animals. If the quality was not there, why would you take that chance?

Old 07-15-2006, 11:59 AM   #16
v2rherp
i'm going to have to put my hands on these new vision racks, give them a test drive. lol last year at daytona, the vision racks i saw were flimsy and too lightweight. maybe they have improved on the design?

vaughn

Old 07-15-2006, 01:26 PM   #17
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
That I cannot answer.

I was just going by the fact they say they use these to house extremely expensive animals. If the quality was not there, why would you take that chance?
I'm not buying it...Why would they get rid of six figures worth of FB racks for unproven Vision plastic racks?

Old 07-15-2006, 01:49 PM   #18
Bill & Amy
Is there a website for the vision racks?

Old 07-15-2006, 01:50 PM   #19
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
Is there a website for the vision racks?
http://www.kingsnake.com/visionherp/

Old 09-04-2006, 04:42 AM   #20
hhmoore
Steve, did you end up getting the Vision racks? If so, what do you think so far?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!