JP PETS,any feedback? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-06-2004, 08:54 PM   #1
chainsaw
Question JP PETS,any feedback?

Anyone ever dealt with JP Pets?How are thier animals?
Thanx

Old 10-06-2004, 11:48 PM   #2
dhserps
JP pets out of florida

I have never purchased from them but a good body of mine Tim Manucy aka bytheshore has and i remember him telling me that everytime he has bought animals from them it has been a bad exp. ill have tim post his exp with them

Old 10-07-2004, 12:09 AM   #3
Tim Cole
Thumbs down Not good....

I used to work at a shop that ordered from them a couple times. Animals were usually poor health.

Old 10-07-2004, 01:14 AM   #4
Chris@TSE
You're better off having someone located in central florida go there personally and select the animals for you, otherwise youll be disappointed with what you recieve. We placed an order with JP recently and it was basically bare minimum what we were looking for, well within his terms, but absolutley nothing more.

I am not certain if I'll order directly thru JP ever again, I may however have someone go there and handpick. They do have decent specimens when they first arrive, but from what i've recently heard anything that sits there long does not get fed. "too much overhead"...

I guess some people down there call it JP-ITIS....

I've heard this all recently so thats just my experience with JP and what I heard recently AFTER ordering.

Take care.

Old 10-07-2004, 01:21 AM   #5
MGReptiles
I used to work at a shop as well that ordered their animals from them and they were mostly WC. I do know they are honest on how they describe their animals. I called them ona snake and they told me it was wild caught..
-Matt Graybeal

Old 10-07-2004, 10:28 AM   #6
LotsaPetsGarfHt
Its been 3 or 4 years since I've ordered from them. Most of the CB stuff was ok but some of the imports were to put it politely a little rough. Their specials list looks great, but the fill rate was sometimes not very good, and their regular prices always seemed a little high. I had a few problems with my last order, and left a voice message. I never heard back from them until someone called and asked if I'd like a FAX. When I asked them about my credit for the previous order I was told they'd get back to me on it....I'm still waiting. JP if you see this don't bother calling now.

John Chapek

Old 10-07-2004, 10:39 AM   #7
Karen Hulvey
I work at a pet shop that used to order from JP Pets. Many of the animals we received were malnourished and/or dying. We ordered 3 large waxy monkey tree frogs. They packed 2 in one bag and the third one in another bag. All would have easily fit in one bag. The difference was that the single frog was DEAD and I mean decaying dead. As in had to be dead when it was packed. They don't guarantee amphibians so I'm assuming they packed a dead one just to compensate them for their loss. It took us 3 months to get weight back on the other two frogs who looked like skeletons when we got them. I'm surprised they lived.

After being burned twice, we no longer order from them.

Karen

Old 10-07-2004, 11:34 AM   #8
Mustangrde1
Some of the wourse of the wourse. The animals are in very bad shape and their customer service is like dealing with the IRS.

My advice to you is DO NOT EVER BUY JP. If your looking for living animals and people who care about their customers this board is full of very reputable people who put thier animals and customers first. Support these good bussiness people.

Old 10-07-2004, 02:46 PM   #9
chainsaw
JP PETS feedback

Thanks to everyone who replied!I figured they were too good to be true,prices seemed a little low!

Old 10-07-2004, 05:17 PM   #10
Zoo Supply
I have dealt with them quite a bit over the last few months...

And always hand pick stuff out, as long as you get there when it comes in or soon thereafter....and you hand pick stuff, it is ok.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!