Enough is enough with the classifieds (*or* Why you cannot reply to classified ads) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:26 PM   #21
hhmoore
There are announcements posted in the classifieds...

Old 06-04-2011, 11:35 PM   #22
lauraleellbp
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
we didn't want to hinder people from asking relevant questions, from pointing out misrepresentations, or posting a BOI link....unfortunately, this is a matter of the problematic people & their behavior affecting the many members that function within the guidelines.
Just so I'm sure I understand this change, these types of posts as listed above are still OK, the only change is that now supporting members are the only ones who can make them?

And that holds true for the OP as well- they can only reply in their own classified thread if they're also a supporting member?

Old 06-04-2011, 11:58 PM   #23
hhmoore
Those posts are okay, to the extent that they already have been:
I recently posted a thread in this section entitled Disruptive posting in a classified ad - understanding (and avoiding) the infraction. In that I hit on some of the problem areas, and the second post was a quote from Rich. For anybody that isn't sure what is acceptable, I'd recommend taking a moment to read through it. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=246614

Old 06-05-2011, 12:23 AM   #24
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskew View Post
I call horse ****! Micro moderating at it's finest. If an ad smells like fish and your willing to let an unknowing buyer be taken for a ride and not pull that ad, well sir you're as bad as that seller. But to penalize another member for questioning or "badgering" a seller who is blatantly dishonest or is talking out of their arse is just absurd.
I explained my reasoning. Take it or leave it. No skin off my butt either way.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:10 AM   #25
Gary O
Long Time no chat on here...... But I see that Rich has to put up with the same BS has he has had to for years and years. no matter which way the guy goes he will have a person upset................lol........

Rich, To tell you the truth man i have no clue how you still do it. I would have just said screw it. Any other site owner says this is the way and people say cool or leave. but people sit here and put you down over and over. I am not sure what way is the right way. BUT I do know that any way will tick off someone.... Talk soon bro

Old 06-05-2011, 01:24 AM   #26
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O View Post
Long Time no chat on here...... But I see that Rich has to put up with the same BS has he has had to for years and years. no matter which way the guy goes he will have a person upset................lol........

Rich, To tell you the truth man i have no clue how you still do it. I would have just said screw it. Any other site owner says this is the way and people say cool or leave. but people sit here and put you down over and over. I am not sure what way is the right way. BUT I do know that any way will tick off someone.... Talk soon bro
Hey Gary,

Yeah, I expected it. I'm thinking I might as well stop ALL replies to the classifieds, even from paid members, and just get it over with.

If history is any guide, some people will get themselves worked up over this to the point where they get banned when their emotions get the better of them.

As for how I keep doing this, I've gotten MUCH better at just ignoring people when it suits me. I discovered that I really DON'T have to reply to every email and PM.....

Of course, I do love a good argument every now and again. Keeps the brain cells sparking better afterwards.

Old 06-05-2011, 03:44 AM   #27
SirenSanJose
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Hey Gary,

Yeah, I expected it. I'm thinking I might as well stop ALL replies to the classifieds, even from paid members, and just get it over with.
Please don't! Give the "paid members only" version a try first, please?

Old 06-05-2011, 07:02 AM   #28
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskew View Post
I call horse hockey! Micro moderating at it's finest. If an ad smells like fish and your willing to let an unknowing buyer be taken for a ride and not pull that ad, well sir you're as bad as that seller. But to penalize another member for questioning or "badgering" a seller who is blatantly dishonest or is talking out of their arse is just absurd.
They never said they would allow a bad ad to stay. They are just eliminating the attacks. Much easier to get rid of a bad posting then numerous replies that contain ton's of stuff people were asked not to do.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:15 AM   #29
hhmoore
Before that line of thought goes any further, we cannot offer any guarantees about any buyer, seller, animal, or product in the classifieds. We do not screen ads, or make decisions about who can advertise...the position of this site has, for as long as I've been a member, been that each individual should make the effort to inform themselves about the people with whom they are doing business. The BOI, Trader Ratings, GGC (and the associated polls), and references are among the tools at their disposal. Naturally, they should also educate themselves on the animal or product.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:28 AM   #30
Herp.Herp.Hooray
Lock it down. No replies!!! Do you really want your numbers to be inflated by spam(bumping) 5000 really nut said!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!