Constrictors.com - Cheating on FaunaTopSites. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-18-2003, 09:36 PM   #1
WebSlave
Constrictors.com - Cheating on FaunaTopSites.

Well, I caught another one cheating on the topsites. Constrictors.com this time.

I checked the access log and found a HUGE number of closely spaced hits from a single IP address. Then the webmaster of ReptileForums pointed out an automatic refresh page for this site with nothing on it but the various topsites links he was subscribing to.

His site has been deleted from FaunaTopsites effective immediately.

I will be going through and auditing some other sites that are looking suspicious.

Old 12-20-2003, 11:13 PM   #2
HerpVenue
by the way he is ranked rather highly on a couple topsites list.

But go to his website and you will not find a single topsites button

Old 12-20-2003, 11:59 PM   #3
WebSlave
Mr. Wilbanks called me and apologized profusely for his actions. Apparently he just had a lapse in good judgement.

He indicated that he was withdrawing his participation in ALL of the topsites programs as a self induced atonement.

I give him credit for not even trying to cover his error with any attempt at obscuring the facts or putting the blame on someone else. He just took his lumps like a man and is moving on.

As such, I do have to give him credit for being honorable about accepting full responsibility himself. It was very refreshing for me to not being lied to, and have someone act like an adult.

My regards, Mike.

Old 12-21-2003, 02:49 AM   #4
HerpVenue
Way to go Mike.

See I know of his reputation and I was shocked that he did this because I have always thought of him as one of the excellent people out there.
But like you said.......it was just a lapse.
Glad to know he takes responsibility and is the man I know he is.

Old 12-21-2003, 06:38 PM   #5
dself40
I was also shocked when I first seen this post.I have meet Mike a few times and he seemed like a very nice guy.I was like what the Heck..lol...But you never know at least Mike was a man about this ordeal.

Old 12-21-2003, 06:40 PM   #6
dself40
Oh yea Rich and Webslave its just kills me when ya'll talk amost yourself in a thread like this..lol...Keep up the good work...

Old 12-21-2003, 07:17 PM   #7
HerpVenue
Rich = Webslave
Ritchie= RitchieReptiles

Different people

Old 12-21-2003, 07:21 PM   #8
WebSlave
Heck, Ritchie, I'm glad you knew what he was talking about. I thought I had had a stroke and could no longer understand written English.

No, Ritchie Luna is not me. He's much prettier in a dress than I am...

Old 12-21-2003, 08:30 PM   #9
dself40
Um ok My bad I reckon.lol..I cant help it I am from Arkansas you know...lol..Anyways..I will do better next time..Yall are both nuts anyhow..Nuts in a good way always on top of things...

Old 01-10-2004, 10:57 AM   #10
Copperheadman
NOOOOOOO!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by dself40
.lol..I cant help it I am from Arkansas you know...

LMAO..dude..don't let the secret out!!!Did you get my email Dusty?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!