Contact Michael Enriquez to Buy Dead/Sick Animals - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:51 AM   #11
dumje
What EXACTLY was offered?

1.1 LTC burmese Brown Tortoises

Were they sold to you as a breeder pair or was there a price for the male and a price for the female being set?

$700 shipped...I cover the shipping

You were apparently informed that these were untreated animals so the parasite load point is moot in regard to the initial deal.

How was the shipping? Was the DOA on it's back when it arrived? Was there room in the container for it to be slammed around during shipping?

impossible for it to be on its back in the container. Little movement was possible in the box it was shipped in.

Was the animal alive when it arrived or dead in the shipping container?

it arrived dead...he called me at delivery time.

How long after they arrived did you discover the death?

not a lot of time passed

Did a Necropsy determine the cause of death or were you guessing based on parasites leaving the body?

we both guessed.

Were you offered a free replacement animal shipped on the seller's dime?

Ask him...I will tell you I offered...actually read his posts and you will see I offered a replacment...he momentarily agreed. Then latter insisted on sending the female back.

Did the seller demand return of the DOA for a replacement?

I never demanded any return of the DOA

How did you ship it/them back to the seller? Was that your choice of shipper or his?

He tried UPS but they refused him...I informed he could ship it back the same way I shipped it to him...he did that.

Again what exactly did you pay for shipping, each way?

I paid $91 and change he paid $100 and change.

thanks

Old 05-06-2008, 01:30 PM   #12
tortaboy
Everyone needs to reread this. Everything else is moot. Would you want to buy a sick or diseased pair of animals? I lied about nothing. Did I bore you with all of the information that is not relavent (like how they were packed)? No. Michael Enriquez is sending out sick and diseased animals...that is the bottom line. Should it be my responsible to pay to ship the sick and diseased animals back? Lastly, I was not rude until Michael started to hedge on covering shipping for his sick animals. When he basically told me "Nobody pays for shipping both ways"....Yes, I think that was good reason to be rude. He has already caused me enough efforts to get back his garbage animals. Finally, this person is a friend that made a request for me to get some animals for him...so what is the difference between calling him a friend or a customer.

Michael is using IRRELAVENT COMMENTS to get away from the facts. The facts are:

1. He sold a tortoise with a huge parasitic load after telling me many times just how healthy these were....and HE HAS HAD THEM IN HIS POSSESSION FOR 1.5 YEARS.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:34 PM   #13
tortaboy
Fact 2. I did indeed tell Michael that there was a problem with the female. I was afraid that she would die in shipping on the way back, and he would try to get out of paying what he owed on the female.

Here is the email:

Mike,

When I brought the tortoise home, I attempted to dip her. She did not respond as my other tortoises as she did not drink nor defecate in the water. I tried dipping her again yesterday....same thing.

I had her walking around on the grass yesterday so she could get some UV, but she never grazed at all.

I have had greens available for the tortoise, and yesterday even bought some banana....thinking that if she does not eat banana, there is a major problem. She has been in moderate temps, between 60-80.

I leave for Texas in an hour, and my wife will be taking care of the tortoise.

Any recommendations?

Jerry

One other email for everyone to look at:

Mike,

LOOK NO RESPECTABLE TORTOISE RESELLER SELLS DISEASED, DEAD, AND DYING ANIMALS.

YOU created this entire problem. YOU need to resolve it.

You ship diseased animals. Since I have not yet had a chance to dispose of the male, would you prefer I take him to a vet for a necropsy, then show the results along with pictures of the dead tortoise full of worms to Kingsnake and Fauna? Had you taken care of your animals properly, this would be a non issue. This was not a delivery problem...this was your failure to properly care for your tortoises problem. I would not want her at any price. She is a liability. She is already on the way back to you.

You have wasted my time on both pick up and then shipping back. Fortunately, I have not had issues receiving with bad animals in the past.

Jerry
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2008 8:00 AM
To: Jerry Gach
Subject: RE: Dead Tortoise

look...nobody gurantees shipping charges.

I included the shipping charges with the animals...So i should only refund the $700 minus the shipping I paid.

I had decided to eat that. I am not eating the shipping charges both ways. If you insist on me paying the shipping both ways then I insist you keep her and I will have a male within the next 2 weeks. I found 1 but it will take me a week to get it.

mike

ANYBODY THAT SUPPORTS THIS, OR EXCUSES IT IS AN ABSOLUTE IDIOT. THIS IS THE KIND OF STUFF THAT DESTROYS THE REPTILE BUSINESS.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:39 PM   #14
tortaboy
I would love to hear an intelligent rebuttal to support selling sick and diseased animals. I understand all the WC vs LTC issues. That is not an excuse for someone to be sending out animals with huge parasitic loads. These animals were not represented as just coming over WC. They were represented as 1.5 year LTC, extremely active and heavy. Michael not having wormed them only tells me that he thought they did not have a excessive worm burden.

WOULD ANY OF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE ANIMALS LIKE THIS?

Old 05-06-2008, 01:53 PM   #15
tortaboy
Just for the record. When I opened the box at the Delta Dash Office and saw the first tortoise dead, I called Michael immediately. All talk about accepting a replacement animal was before I put everthing together...specifically.

1. Michael ships very professionally. It was not Delta or handling that killed the tortoise. It was Michaels lack of professionalism on sending sick/diseased animals. I did not expect to find a herd of worms coming out of this animals ass.

2. The surviving(barely) female would not eat, drink, nothing in 5 days.

After seeing the mess I bought into, I decided I did not want a replacement from someone that takes this poor care of animals...even if he gave me twice as many animals. Furthermore, I just wanted these out of my house so they did not infect any of my meticiously cared for animals.

3. Rather than give the questionable female to my friend/customer, I shipped it back to Michael. I would not do this to a friend or a customer. I have ethics that Michael does not.

Anything other than being sent sick animals is all moot. So, if Michael wants to make any other claims to look like he did everything he could to take care of this situation, he is looking like a fool.

MICHAEL ENRIQUEZ NEEDS TO BE DRIVEN OUT OF THIS BUSINESS. THERE IS NO PLACE IN THIS BUSINESS FOR SENDING OUT DYING ANIMALS BECAUSE HE IS TOO CHEAP OR UNCARING TO GIVE SIMPLE WORM TREATMENTS...PERIOD.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:58 PM   #16
dumje
Nobody is disputing the fact they had parasites. I agreed that they had parasites...in fact you emailed...if i am not mistaken(I have to check) the be all end all of mountain tortoises...and he told you not to by WC...I said they where LTC never treated ...thats it.

Who in their right mind would not expect these Tortoises to have parasites...you do not make sense.

Many animals live fine with parasites...when given too much stress they can cause death...I have an entire colony of cherry heads and another colony of red foots that have never been treated. They eat fine...and they actually reproduce fertile eggs.

These 2 Tortoises where never into greens...they liked anything red and they ate a lot of mazuri...since you only offered greens and expected this Tortoise to graze no wonder it never ate.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:04 PM   #17
willows chelle
where are the pictures of the dead tort and worms?

Old 05-06-2008, 02:12 PM   #18
tortaboy
Michael,

So you admit that you are sending sick animals, but what was with our constant conversations about how healthy these were...1.5 years in captivity, all that stuff?

You have also been caught in a lie, as I just resent the email with my concerns about the female. What do you have to say about that?????

My concern really was that she would die also en route back to you, and you would try to get out of paying for her if that happened.

You are assuming again about the feeding. I have two 25 pound bags of Mazuri in my
garage...I tried feeding her romaine, mazuri, and bananas. Want me to take a pic of the large bags of Mazuri? I can't go to the grocery store and get those.

I have no reason to lie about any of this. I just want to be made whole and never deal with an ass that sells dead/diseased animals? AS SHOULD ANYONE READING THIS.

HAD MICHAEL ENRIQUEZ NOT SOLD ME DEAD AND DISEASED ANIMALS THAT HE REPRESENTED AS HEALTHY, AND COVERED ALL MY COSTS TO GET HIS GARBAGE BACK TO HIM...THIS WOULD NEVER HAVE MADE FAUNA. INSTEAD, I'M OUT TO EXPOSE MICHAEL FOR THE JERK THAT HE IS. IF YOU SUPPORT SENDING SICK AND DISEASED ANIMALS, SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH YOU.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:15 PM   #19
dumje
5 days is an over statement. You got it on a Tuesday afternoon...maybe by the next day (wednesday) it might be comfortable in the cage. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. You sent it back Saturday...3 good days. 2 half assed days.

Anybody selling animals that is reputable will guarantee live arrival I did. They did not arrive alive.

My 1st mistake is not stating what the guarantee was.

my first offer you did not like...a partial refund...I agreed to make you happy

my second offer you did not say no to until after a day or so...a replacement

my 3rd offer you agreed to after a day or so...return the animal

You had 3 to choose from..

My 2nd mistake was not stating very clearly that if you choose the last offer you would cover the shipping.

Now that I have experience this with you...I am going to take the advice given from others in the forum and have me a types up TOS and send it to all potential buyers before they decide to send payment.

I believe I am right and you are wrong.

I know this is a touchy subject for many here and it sucks an animal died...I did all that I could to satisfy this customer and it did not work. I will not be walked on and bullied into something that I believe is not right.

Could I be convinced...maybe...not bullied

I am done posting on this subject...but I will continue to read and if i see something convincing or am asked a question...I will respond.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:28 PM   #20
tortaboy
Willows,

You asked to see pictures. Send me your email and I can forward them.

Not sure of the point. Michael has admitted to sending animals that were sickly:

Michael states:
"Nobody is disputing the fact they had parasites. I agreed that they had parasites..."

THE PROBLEM IS, MICHAEL SURE NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THAT WHEN WE WERE DISCUSSING THE HEALTH OF HIS ANIMALS.

SO MICHAEL, CAN YOU BE AN ADULT, AND PAY FOR THE MESS YOU CAUSED?????

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!