Pictures of some my Timber Rattlesnakes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-30-2008, 02:46 AM   #1
ChuckHurd
Wink Pictures of some my Timber Rattlesnakes

“Golden” Phase
http://www.exoticanimalforums.com/go...akes-t868.html
Black Phase
http://www.exoticanimalforums.com/bl...nake-t869.html

These are some of the snakes I am most proud of, hope everyone enjoys.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:51 AM   #2
johns6068
I like the first one nice

Old 10-30-2008, 03:01 AM   #3
ChuckHurd
Thank you my friend. PA has outlawed the collection or exporting of Timbers, so we will be seeing less and less of these incredible snakes in private collections. I like to see natural populations protected, but I don't think folks like us that want to keep and breed them are really affecting natural populations. I wish they would worry more about habitat destruction and less about well cared for captive animals. =)

Old 11-04-2008, 04:26 PM   #4
atwageman
Nice timbers you have there Chuck. I wish I could legally keep them here in NC without having to push 6 inches deep worth of paperwork.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:10 PM   #5
ChuckHurd
thank you my friend, i am exceptionally proud of my timbers. its a shame about NC. i recall when they stopped allowing enthusiast to keep them. common sense should dictate, we are not the cause of the declining populations. they should focus their attention to habituate destruction and senseless slaughtering, rather then rattlesnake lovers like us. i picked up a new timber female this weekend. she is a CB adult from original NC stock. i will try to photograph her this weekend. she is not golden like these PA's, but still a very pretty light yellow.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #6
Pythonbreeder99
hey i am working on a timber project to attempt to re-populate the areas here in connecticut. could these be purchased at the hamburg show?

Old 02-04-2010, 09:21 PM   #7
Tim Cole
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythonbreeder99 View Post
hey i am working on a timber project to attempt to re-populate the areas here in connecticut. could these be purchased at the hamburg show?
There's a lot more involved to reintroduce snakes back into the wild...habitat issues, health issues, and even legalities.

If the habitat conditions are suitable but no snakes are present, you need to ask yourself, WHY?

I suggest you start with the state Fish & Game to get their backing and permission if this is even possible.

Doing this on your own may unintentionally wipe out an existing population.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #8
Pythonbreeder99
The reason for the lack of animals in the area is because in the 1900's there were bounties set for rattlesnake populations and the timbers were the majority of the victims, also pointless killing by civilians just because they hear a rattle. I hear stories of drivers in CT intentionally going out of their way just to kill snakes they see off the side of the road. I am awaiting approval from the state (I sent an email yesterday) I am aware of the risks. But my goal is to get this species at least semi re-populated.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!