Texas Coral Snake! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-25-2009, 05:01 PM   #1
TattooLost
Texas Coral Snake!

Thought I'd share pics of the latest addition to my snake room. I doubt I'll be keeping it, as I'm not a huge venomous fan. A local guy caught it, and he's been asking me about the poss het albino ball pythons i hatched this summer. He asked for one in trade for this little sucker, and seeing as I was pretty much giving away the bp's I said sure. I'm sure I'll let this little guy go in a few days, but not before admiring him first and snapping a few shots!

Old 12-01-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
zipzagger
very cool. I have yet to see one in the wild, and I go herping every other day when it's warm.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #3
Tim Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzagger View Post
very cool. I have yet to see one in the wild, and I go herping every other day when it's warm.
That could be why you haven't! They prefer cooler temps.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:41 PM   #4
TattooLost
This one definitely seems to. It's very active too. I've got him in a 20 gallon tall aquarium for now, with a uth and some driftwood. Put a hide box on each end, one on the warm and one on the cool. It barely uses the hide box, and definitely doesn't hang out on the warm end. Spends most of it's time doing what appears to be looking for a way out. lol

The guy who caught does a/c repair work, and says he comes across them once in awhile along with other non-venomous snakes, usually around or under the a/c units. Definitely a need find, but we live too far out in the woods, and no medical insurance, so I'm not gonna take chances with keeping hots. But, I'm overly careful with this little guy (i.e. leaving him in his tank, welding gloves to move anything in there, and only when he's hiding out).

Old 12-04-2009, 09:03 AM   #5
KingBowser
Beautiful snake. I remember how excited I was when I caught an Eastern Coral in Florida a couple of years ago.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:09 PM   #6
zipzagger
by warm I meant above 60 degrees. but I haven't been looking in the right places. I generally just walk around. there are lots of dead and rotting logs I am going to start exploring more thoroughly. later!!!

Old 12-04-2009, 05:30 PM   #7
TattooLost
he's definitely a cute little bugger. and still active as heck. i'm half tempted to keep him, but i don't have anything to feed the darn thing, and prolly too cold to find any kind of colubrids around here. rats!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!