Fort Myers man charged in Pennsylvania with snake trafficking - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
SnakeEyesExotics
Fort Myers man charged in Pennsylvania with snake trafficking

http://www.news-press.com/article/20...RIME/121114004

Old 11-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
hhmoore
While I found the content disappointing, and I detest this kind of publicity - I have to admit that reading the names brought a smile to my face.

Any objections to me shifting this to Herps in the News, Anya? There's some relevance to this section, as it involves legalities, but most stories of this nature would be posted there.

Here's the body of the article, since those links don't typically last.
Quote:
PHILADELPHIA - Prosecutors say two Florida men and their company have been charged in federal court in Philadelphia with trafficking endangered and threatened snakes.

The U.S. attorney's office said Tuesday that 54-year-old Robroy MacInnes of Fort Myers, 47-year-old Robert Keszey of Bushnell, and Glades Herp Farm Inc. are charged with conspiracy to traffic in the reptiles. MacInnes and the company were charged with trafficking in protected timber rattlesnakes.

Authorities allege that the defendants collected protected snakes in Pennsylvania and New Jersey between 2007 and 2008, bought protected eastern timber rattlesnakes illegally collected in New York and transported threatened eastern indigo snakes from Florida to Pennsylvania.

A message couldn't be left at the company Tuesday and a number listed for MacInnes remained busy; a message left for Keszey wasn't immediately returned.

Glades Herp was originally located on Palm Beach Boulevard in Fort Myers.

In 2004, McInnes sold the building and merged his operation with a 40-acre farm operated by Keszey in Bushnell.

MacInnes said he started Glades Herp in 1989 after a career that included "selling lizards when I was just a kid growing up in Miami" and getting a degree in wildlife biology before going into the reptile business full time.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
SnakeEyesExotics
I felt the same sense of content, Harald . If you would like to move it, no problem.

Anya

Old 11-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyesExotics View Post
If you would like to move it, no problem.

Anya
Done. I just figured this is where most people would look for something like this, so having it here would reduce the likelihood of it being double posted.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!