For Sale Big Baby Galapagos Tortoiese - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 03-28-2015, 02:35 PM   #1
Ken Foose
Big Baby Galapagos Tortoiese

Growing fast. These are perfect and of course grow to a rather large size. They are $5,000 each. If you don't live in Nevada or Arizona you'll need a CBW issued by the USFWS to have one shipped to you. It's easy to got and we can walk you through it.

Price does not include shipping. For exact shipping costs, please include zip code plus species and quantities being purchased.

We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Postal Money Orders. We don't use pay pal.

We guarantee live arrival on all shipments unless due to delivery problems on your end. We use insulated boxes with heat or cold packs, dictated by weather. We ship via fed ex, UPS, Delta and USPS. We can't guarantee live delivery using the mail. .

The easiest thing to do is contact us by phone if you'd like to arrange for payment and shipping.

Thanks, Ken Foose
Exotic Pets LLC
2410 N. Decatur #160
Las Vegas NV 89108
(702) 631-7387

www.Exoticpetslv.com
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 03-28-2015, 02:58 PM   #2
Nathan Tow-Arnett
What is the exact species name on these?

Old 03-28-2015, 03:12 PM   #3
Ken Foose
With a click of google you could have found the info yourself. Chelonoidis nigra
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-30-2015, 03:10 AM   #4
Nathan Tow-Arnett
Goggle result. 11 species of Galapagos tortoises.

http://animals.nationalgeographic.co...agos-tortoise/

Old 03-30-2015, 03:11 AM   #5
Nathan Tow-Arnett
I should've been more specific, which island do yours come from?

Old 03-30-2015, 03:29 AM   #6
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Tow-Arnett View Post
Goggle result. 11 species of Galapagos tortoises.

http://animals.nationalgeographic.co...agos-tortoise/
Incorrect.

A species and a subspecies are not equivalents.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:30 AM   #7
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Tow-Arnett View Post
I should've been more specific, which island do yours come from?
Few private collectors' breeding colonies in the US are likely to be confined to one island source, but maybe Jerry and Ken know.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:48 PM   #8
Ken Foose
The babies Jerry and I produce are integrades subspecies, so they should be listed as ssp. I suppose. However, there are only 3 or 4 people actually producing Galaps in the US right now, and all of them are from the same founder stock I believe, which would make them all intergrades. Our females came from the Life Fellowship, and our male is from the Oklahoma City Zoo. It appears there are only 3 or 4 producing males in the country, as most of the Life Fellowship males either refuse to breed or produce infertile eggs. It's an odd delime.
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-31-2015, 01:19 AM   #9
Nathan Tow-Arnett
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Incorrect.

A species and a subspecies are not equivalents.
I agree they are not, but you don't really need to put sub in front of species every time. Technically, yes subspecies is the correct term but saying species to shorten the length instead of saying subspecies when the var. will be defined by the name that had given the subspecies the definitive status, species gets the point across to those that understand the terminology. Should they have technically said subspecies yes, but you and I get what they mean by calling them a species. To those that don't comprehend evolution very well, I can see where they would actually think there are 11 separate species by the information in the article.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:27 AM   #10
Nathan Tow-Arnett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Foose View Post
The babies Jerry and I produce are integrades subspecies, so they should be listed as ssp. I suppose.
That's all you would've needed to put in the first reply message since obviously Googling it wasn't going to produce a definitive answer. C'mon man

Thank you for clarifying though. Still haven't gotten some responses from some breeders.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!