Kevin Smith - oreganus@hotmail - Page 27 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-19-2004, 11:43 PM   #261
Gary O
Everyone knows where I stand on Voids.

But even if it was a Void it would not matter. A void Cobra is a Cobra. The law does not seperate the two...........

This is a sad thing if someone is shipping hots through UPS........This does not just endanger them but everyone that handles that box.............

Old 11-19-2004, 11:52 PM   #262
bcfos
Jeremy props to you

You came through guy. I think that is enough evidence and the fact that Kevin is not a known shipper through Delta to see how this snake was sent to you. Void or not it is still classified the same in the laws eyes. Something like this can cause UPS to re-think any shipments of reptiles of any kind in the future thus messing it up for the rest of us who do ship in a legal fashion through UPS.

And I see Kevin is dancing around this yet once again. Just admit you made a boneheaded mistake and it will be behind you. And be thankful this didn't cause someone to get hurt and make the national news. Please I beg of you think about the ramifications of something like this before you do it. This could have been yet another black mark on this hobby causing more legislation to ban reptiles. If that happened you would be out of business as well as many others, and I don't think they would be very happy that you caused it.

Old 11-20-2004, 12:24 AM   #263
The BoidSmith
Quote:
I am still curious about one thing. Was the king hot or was it a venemoid?
A few pages back Jeremy stated it was a hot.

Quote:
If that happened you would be out of business as well as many others, and I don't think they would be very happy that you caused it.
Out of business? He would have probably ended in jail! And if as Kevin stated someone alerted the authorities, there might be further investigation on the matter.

There are very active groups constantly trying to pass laws to ban reptiles in almost every place in the U.S. Reckless behavior like this one is just what they need.

Old 11-20-2004, 12:57 AM   #264
SilverRock Reptiles
i thik everyone forgot something

I think everyone has forgoten a key fact here or It might just be my idea of responsibility ... but jeremy knowingly allowed the snake to be shipped to him in that manner yeah ok 800.00 was on the line....
but so were the lives of those who handled that package!!!!!! lets all wake up here folks there could have been legal matters he could have taken in the first place instead of letting this happen he knowingly let it get shipped that way hes as much to blame as the other guy...1) im shocked he would allow it 2)i cant beleive he came here and admitted it...though i must say it takes guts to let everyone know how irresponsible you are... if every one thinks the one guy deserves legal actions (think i read that earlier) than so does jeremy they are both at fault sorry but its the truth if some one got bit you both would be in deep shtuf

marty pierce

Old 11-20-2004, 09:09 AM   #265
gila7150
Not everyone has given Jeremy a pass. I said back on page 12...
Quote:
if Jeremy knew in advance that a king cobra was going to be shipped UPS and he agreed to it, he's not much better.
and on page 47...
Quote:
I don't think you'd bring this box to the police since you are as guilty as Kevin for knowingly receiving it.
I think the only reason Jeremy is looking any better than Kevin is because Jeremy was honest about what happened and Kevin continues to lie. Also, this isn't the first time Kevin has been associated with shady activities.

Old 11-20-2004, 09:12 AM   #266
The BoidSmith
Marty,

A few pages back Jeremy acknowledged he had made an error in judgment. It was wrong, he knows it and hopefully he will not fall for the same thing again. You are absolutely right. The buyer has similar responsibility particularly if he gives the go ahead to the illegal shipping. There would be no people like Kevin shipping venomous snakes illegally if there were no buyers for those illegaly shipped animals. Kevin would not be able to ship venomous snakes illegally if he didn't have snakes in the first place. Kevin’s supplier whoever he is should be very concerned about this episode. He is the one that supplies Kevin with merchandise, he knows this has been going on for some time now and will continue unless he is finally stopped. It doesn't work like Kevin said (not his exact words, but I'm not willing to go back and look for them) that it's not his problem what the buyer does with the snake once he gets it. Not fair for the buyer, the community, nor the snake.

In Kevin’s own words:

Quote:
My advice to anyone selling snakes on the net is, if the person is in any way, shape, or form, a problem at the beginning of the purchase, then promptly say "No thanks" and never read or reply to an email from the person again. It is just simply not worth it.
That statement says it all for both buyers and sellers, including those that will continue to sell him venomous snakes. You have probably heard of Murphy’s Law, sooner or later something will go wrong.

Old 11-20-2004, 10:36 AM   #267
Suncoast Herpetological
Vanished without a trace!

I notice that Mt. Smith has pulled a vanishing act now that he has been exposed as a bald faced liar. What a surprise.

Hopefully he won't bother gracing us with his presence again.

Old 11-20-2004, 12:45 PM   #268
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally posted by gila7150
Not everyone has given Jeremy a pass. I said back on page 12...
and on page 47...

I think the only reason Jeremy is looking any better than Kevin is because Jeremy was honest about what happened and Kevin continues to lie. Also, this isn't the first time Kevin has been associated with shady activities.
Some of us have been more concerned with kevvy because he is a well known liar. Personally, I figured we'd deal with little kevvypoo and then see how things went with Jeremy.

It is a large black mark against him that he allowed the snake to be shipped as it was however he did own up to it here. That takes to a serious grey mark. Not letting it go, just persuing one thing at a time.

A thread on Jeremy can always be started here or in the shipping forum if anyone really feels the need. I think he did a really stupid thing but it seems that he won't be repeating that mistake.

Can ANYONE say the same for our pal kevvypoo?

Old 11-20-2004, 09:04 PM   #269
COBRAMAN
Quote:
A thread on Jeremy can always be started here or in the shipping forum if anyone really feels the need. I think he did a really stupid thing but it seems that he won't be repeating that mistake.

IMO, Jeremy made a mistake, and has already acknowledged it. What would anyone benefit from by stsrting another thread about this? The more you stir S@#$. the worse it stinks.

Old 11-20-2004, 09:23 PM   #270
acebrumfield
Again the voice of reason

Thank God for you Ray. You have always been the voice of reason here. I agree it is time to let things die, yes Jeremy did wrong but as you said he admitted his mistake and has been a man about it never trying t excuse himself. I in my first post pointed out that Jeremy was wrong but I admit that he has stepped up to the plate and taken it like a man. Can I use anymore cleashays (misspelled). I think it is time to let this entire thread die. Anything that can be proven I believe has.

Jonathan Brumfield

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!