Trans x Trans Breeding??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-08-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
Eazy 323
Arrow Trans x Trans Breeding???

i know theres other threads talking about the trans breeding with other trans, but is that a fact, you cant??? is that proven tha you cant breed them together??? has anyone bred trans x trans and had no problems???

Old 09-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
cook1337
why wouldnt you be able to?

Old 09-08-2011, 08:45 PM   #3
born2ride#56
Ive heard yes & Ive heard NO. I have a leather trans that came from a leathertrans het hypoXtrans het hypo breeding. Guess If its breed out enough than back in you should be ok?. But pure transXtrans would be a realy bad idea Id say...

Old 09-20-2011, 02:26 AM   #4
DeMeNtEdDoGz
Trans to trans lines are recommended not to breed as they result in low hatch rates, mutations, weaker gene, exc. but theres oppositions on both sides.

If you use distant lines, far removed, , nothing closely related you can successfully breed trans to trans as a stronger gene.

Old 09-22-2011, 03:46 AM   #5
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaco View Post
Trans to trans lines are recommended not to breed as they result in low hatch rates, mutations, weaker gene, exc. but theres oppositions on both sides.
This is correct

Quote:
If you use distant lines, far removed, , nothing closely related you can successfully breed trans to trans as a stronger gene.
This is not. The trans gene has been around long enough to be crossed out enough. There are trans, hypo trans, trans leathers, and hypo trans leathers. I dont think it took this long to cross hypos out. (before my time in breeding these genetics) But even with ALL this over the last 4-5 years. I and other breeders (reputable breeders) will to this day still not cross a trans to trans or any other visual trans gene.

You may cross a trans to a trans and get a good clutch. BUT that is just it. It more and likely will only be one and then problems will arise.

I have had problems over the years with breeding a trans to a het trans. Until I can go a few years and not have the problems. I know there not ready to be crossed. So why push the issue, to only produce something that is not genetically ready.

Its a beautiful thing watching your baby dragons hatch. But when you hatch a deformed dragon only because you wanted to make a dollar. Well I wont say whats on my mind. I will just say, This isnt the hobby for you!

In my closing statement because I have argued this enough,

Create life. Do your best to produce the strongest heartiest dragon that you can. DONT play god!

Old 09-22-2011, 09:00 AM   #6
DeMeNtEdDoGz
I know theres alot of debate on trans to trans breeding. Im still fairly new to the trans gene myself but it has become one of my favorites I prefer breeding a trans to a het trans opposed to two visual trans.

I know several breeders that will cross visual translucents. Bloodbank being the most well know, and if you ask them they will say the same thing I posted. Ive shared several emails back and forth on the subject with a few breeders.

I personally would not recommend it, and was not trying to say removed lines would be trouble free, just that in theory or not the farther removed the better and stronger the gene would be. Just touching base on both sides of the opposition.

Believe me I was wary of responding, Ive seen too many trans x trans post debates and feel your pain :-p

Old 09-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #7
dragonluver83
Quote:
I know theres alot of debate on trans to trans breeding. Im still fairly new to the trans gene myself but it has become one of my favorites I prefer breeding a trans to a het trans opposed to two visual trans.

I know several breeders that will cross visual translucents. Bloodbank being the most well know, and if you ask them they will say the same thing I posted. Ive shared several emails back and forth on the subject with a few breeders.

I personally would not recommend it, and was not trying to say removed lines would be trouble free, just that in theory or not the farther removed the better and stronger the gene would be. Just touching base on both sides of the opposition.

Believe me I was wary of responding, Ive seen too many trans x trans post debates and feel your pain :-p
I know bloodbank has crossed the two gene's. I know another breeder that has done it. I cant comment on bloodbanks end, only speculate. An one BIG thing i noticed from them is over the last few months. MOST of there animals are no longer 6 inches and ready for retail, but I seen his babies being sold at 10 inches. Much longer and much more time. More costly too. Is it because it gives them time to sort out the healthy ones from the un-healthy ones? . That is something he would have to comment on. An from prior post I doubt he would comment on his trans X trans breedings.

The breeder that I know crossed the two from two different breeders. trans x hypo trans. He had a few that didnt hatch and a couple of deformities. An the babies was nothing special that I couldn't hatch myself, but in a healthy cross.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:02 AM   #8
Cffilc
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonluver83 View Post
I know bloodbank has crossed the two gene's. I know another breeder that has done it. I cant comment on bloodbanks end, only speculate. An one BIG thing i noticed from them is over the last few months. MOST of there animals are no longer 6 inches and ready for retail, but I seen his babies being sold at 10 inches. Much longer and much more time. More costly too. Is it because it gives them time to sort out the healthy ones from the un-healthy ones? . That is something he would have to comment on. An from prior post I doubt he would comment on his trans X trans breedings.

The breeder that I know crossed the two from two different breeders. trans x hypo trans. He had a few that didnt hatch and a couple of deformities. An the babies was nothing special that I couldn't hatch myself, but in a healthy cross.
Personally was wondering that my self. With all the dragons they produce I wouldn't be surprised if that was their route now.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:40 AM   #9
san diego
man that sucks ! . i just bought two translucent bearded dragons from josh at phantom dragons and i wanted to breed them . i was just about to ask if i was able to breed 2 translucent . so . from what i have read here is that i have to get me a het trans to breed with my trans is that correct ? this web site is awesome you can find out anything love this site

Old 07-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #10
zztrent
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonluver83 View Post
This is correct

This is not. The trans gene has been around long enough to be crossed out enough. There are trans, hypo trans, trans leathers, and hypo trans leathers. I dont think it took this long to cross hypos out. (before my time in breeding these genetics) But even with ALL this over the last 4-5 years. I and other breeders (reputable breeders) will to this day still not cross a trans to trans or any other visual trans gene.

You may cross a trans to a trans and get a good clutch. BUT that is just it. It more and likely will only be one and then problems will arise.

I have had problems over the years with breeding a trans to a het trans. Until I can go a few years and not have the problems. I know there not ready to be crossed. So why push the issue, to only produce something that is not genetically ready.

Its a beautiful thing watching your baby dragons hatch. But when you hatch a deformed dragon only because you wanted to make a dollar. Well I wont say whats on my mind. I will just say, This isnt the hobby for you!

In my closing statement because I have argued this enough,

Create life. Do your best to produce the strongest heartiest dragon that you can. DONT play god!
I couldn't agree more, health first, color second.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!