Inquiry S & S Exotics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
coolhl7
S & S Exotics

I would like any info on the store or transactions. Please only personal experiences and not inferences based on their website and beforementioned
substandard shipping "guarantees". I am interested in the quality of their high end snakes esp green tree pythons. how are the shipping boxes, do they come with mites, bad sheds, dehydrated etc....Thanks in advance.
Norm friedman

Old 08-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #2
Payara
I've been there on one occasion, and I was not impressed. What turned me off is that they had a fully grown capybara in tiny enclosure with very little water. I just had a bad feeling about them. Also they take no responsibility in the health of their animals, I definitely recommend reading their TOS before you even thinking about purchasing from them. I recommend buying from an actual breeder here on Fauna or KS than going with them.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:44 PM   #3
coolhl7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payara View Post
I've been there on one occasion, and I was not impressed. What turned me off is that they had a fully grown capybara in tiny enclosure with very little water. I just had a bad feeling about them. Also they take no responsibility in the health of their animals, I definitely recommend reading their TOS before you even thinking about purchasing from them. I recommend buying from an actual breeder here on Fauna or KS than going with them.
Thanks for the reply,
I understand their TOS sucks.
I also buy from CBB the most reputable breeders.
But once and a while importeres such as this bring in
some new blood WC specimens with incredible markings
that are unavailable elsewhere. I am just wondering is it worth the risk even
with excellent quaranteen practices. have they "cleaned up their act" since the last BOI thread on them????
Thanks again,
Norm friedman

Old 08-15-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
Payara
I haven't been there in a few months and I doubt I'll ever go there again. I don't think it's worth it. I would never buy from anyone that doesn't stand behind what they are selling. I would suggest you find another importer. At the end of the day, it's your call, you might end up with a healthy specimen. Your risk. Good luck

Old 08-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #5
MikeCurtin
Norm, I think you and I have been looking at some of the same ads. All I can do is tell you the decision I came to and why.

I have decided not to deal with S & S in any fashion because of their proven track record of sending sub-standard animals with parasites, and then not standing behind them. They have proven that their customer service is/was severely lacking, as is their husbandry. There are plenty of other companies out their that have a much better track record with regards to quarantine and husbandry of WC animals. If I am bringing anything of the sort anywhere near my collection, I can't just hope that a bad seller has changed their ways prior to my purchase.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:43 PM   #6
coolhl7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin View Post
Norm, I think you and I have been looking at some of the same ads. All I can do is tell you the decision I came to and why.

I have decided not to deal with S & S in any fashion because of their proven track record of sending sub-standard animals with parasites, and then not standing behind them. They have proven that their customer service is/was severely lacking, as is their husbandry. There are plenty of other companies out their that have a much better track record with regards to quarantine and husbandry of WC animals. If I am bringing anything of the sort anywhere near my collection, I can't just hope that a bad seller has changed their ways prior to my purchase.

Hope this helps.
Mike, I agree. It wouldnt be so bad if I didn't have such a healthy collection of CBB to worry about. It may be best never to open one of their ads and be tempted.
But they definitely have a good source of very well marked WC.
thanks,
norm

Old 08-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #7
Killer Chams
I havent been to their store in some time. But on past occasions Ive seen dirty cages with no clean water. The store is dirty and basically unclean. I wouldnt take a chance on introducing parasites or other unhealthy conditions on my animals by taking on one of their imports. They have a horrible reputation locally in the herp community here in Houston. I live less than 30 minutes from them but I wouldnt do business with them if they had the last gtp in the US.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:10 AM   #8
machine0020
The store absolutely reeks. My fiancee will not go in anymore, saying it always makes her feel like she needs to take a bath afterwords. My friend just bought a white lipped python there 3 days ago, and upon getting it home and warmed up, noticed it was bubbling at the mouth. Since they were closed Monday, he called an left a message, then they told him to bring it in Tuesday. Upon taking it to the store, he was told to "keep the heat up" and that was it. No apology, no refund, offer to help with vet costs. The sales staff will say anything for a sale. Just Say No!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!