Peach Throat Monitor Care? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 12:25 AM   #11
twgrosmick
My Setup..

I got a little peach throat in a 75. You can do it just fine. As mentioned above cover 1/2 with wood ( i mount my fixtures on the inside on this part) and the other half I used plexi glass. Ill post up some pictures tomorrow when I am done. I don't keep humidity high throughout the entire tank rather I provide him with a very large box filled with dirt that is kept humid at all times. I have been keeping and breeding monitors for years and have found that to work just as well and less problems with wood warping (when you eventually need to build him a cage)

I have an adult peach throat housed in a 180 gallon and is doing perfect. Make sure basking spots are 110-120. I tend to find 130 to be on the high end but no lower than 110 for sure. Cool side room temp is fine. Kill all the heat/lights at night and as long as your cage stays around 80 you should be good. If needed you can put a under tank heater on the back of your tank to keep it warm at night.

Pics will be up sometime tomorrow as I am rebuilding his cage and spray painting the backs black for a cleaner look and to bring out his color in the cage.

Thanks

Tyler

Old 11-20-2011, 01:45 AM   #12
James.w
I would love to see pictures of your setups Tyler. What monitors do you currently keep and what habe you bred?

Old 11-20-2011, 09:25 PM   #13
twgrosmick
Today's Project

I just finished moving this little guy up to a 75 Gallon (here shows what I was talking about with using wood and the lights mounted inside) Make sure to vent so air can circulate. Seeing as he is smaller now I only have a small humidity box, but as he grows I will up the size. The only reason I have a red bulb on is because my house is older so at night it gets really cold in the winter. In the summer everything is turned off at night. The water dish is about to be switched over to a 15 qt. sterlite tub..

He is devouring some egg in the picture

I currently have a pair of argus monitors (have bred for me), an adult peach throat, the peach throat pictured, a caiman lizard, and a real young croc monitor. I am working on a hognose breeding project so the monitors are kind of on the back burner until the end of summer.
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2011, 10:32 PM   #14
James.w
So Argus are the only monitors you have bred? Any pics of them and their enclosure?

Old 11-21-2011, 12:02 AM   #15
twgrosmick
I have bred ackies as well. I don't keep the ackies currently though

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!