Red flags or just me? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:25 PM   #11
joshjtd
And now I am glad that I didn't go through with the transaction: This is the reply I got when I told the sender of the payment I had issued a refund and apologized for not being able to complete the transaction:

DID YOU CHECK MY REFERENCES?
It just seems so funny that you are so worried about protecting yourself! If the Dragon is healthy and you haven't had negitive problems with sales on your end, what in the world is your problem.I guess I just don't understand,thats OK though...You enjoy your weekend! Take Care...

Old 08-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #12
Lucille
Josh I feel like you dodged a bullet there by refunding.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #13
joshjtd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I have to agree. They kind of went on the defensive when I issued the refund. I stated that I was not challenging anyone integrity but wanted to make sure that the transaction was safe for all parties.

Old 08-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #14
deborahbroadus
I've had a similar transaction before and made the same decision that you did, Josh. In my case, the buyers simply gave me a verifiable address. It would have been such an easy fix in this case that I, too, believe that you dodged a bullet.

Old 08-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #15
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

Always go with your instincts. If it doesn't feel right, back away from the deal.

Also the length of time that it took to make the deal was excessive, a few months?

Old 08-19-2012, 02:15 AM   #16
LauraB
You did the right thing, Josh. You can't walk into a brick-N-mortar store and make a purchase with another person's credit card or debit card attached to a third person's account.
Same with an online purchase, IMO.

I make a sale to one person. If they have a spouse or friend or significant-other involved in the transfer of funds/sale, then it all needs to be credible, provable and trackable.

It may be strict, but in the end it covers the seller and the buyer. As an honest seller I adhere to it; as an honest buyer, I appreciate, understand and feel more assured by the policy.

Also, as previously pointed out, a transaction that takes an excessive amount of time (and excuses) might also be a red flag.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #17
Mistyck
You definitely did the right thing Josh. It seemed a bit dodgy with all the different people getting involved.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!