Some of my Monitors - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-25-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
winno
Some of my Monitors

Hi all winno from the UK here just thought id share some pix of some of my reps
Aphodite

Zeus

Zeus & Hera

Arnie

Tink

hope you all like

I'll update some more recent pics soon.

Old 12-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
winno
sorry cant change title to iggys and monitors

Old 12-25-2011, 10:05 PM   #3
mmdragons
Those are really cool! What kind of monitors are those?

Old 12-26-2011, 05:16 AM   #4
winno
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdragons View Post
Those are really cool! What kind of monitors are those?
Hi
Aphrodite is a sulphuur water monitor.
Zeus, Hera & Athena are cumingi.
Arnie & Tink are fijian iguanas.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
AmberNichole
I thought the Fiji Iguanas were illegal to own unless you are an accredited zoo (or something to that effect) They are so awesome!

Old 01-02-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
winno
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberNichole View Post
I thought the Fiji Iguanas were illegal to own unless you are an accredited zoo (or something to that effect) They are so awesome!
Not sure on the laws over there hear there quite common only need cities but come at a price.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #7
AmberNichole
interesting, I will have too look into it more. What is their care requirements compared to a green or a rhino iguana?

Old 01-03-2012, 07:18 AM   #8
winno
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberNichole View Post
interesting, I will have too look into it more. What is their care requirements compared to a green or a rhino iguana?
Basically the requirements as a green iggy except for size of course is use this link for all my iggy needs http://www.greenigsociety.org/

Old 01-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #9
rpeteroy
laws

Hello, Very nice sulpher and cummingi monitors there. To those mentioning the Fiji Island Iguanas. The laws here in the USA are pretty badly kept. They have been imported to the US and some people are breeding them here or hopefully are successfully but they are cites 1 and on the endangered species list. Due to extensive captive breeding they have become almost readily available except the paperwork is crazy. The part that is pretty bad about our law system is that even when an animal is downgraded to cites 2 which means no longer threatened we will still not be able to obtain these until someone finally catches up with removing fish and wildlife laws that say they are illegal and need paperwork. I can get them and can get papers for them but am worried about who would buy offspring having to go through fish and wildlife for papers and guidelines. They are intermediate grade easy to keep and breed. Requiring much less food then green iguanas only being 1/3 the length maybe a little over and same with rhino iguanas also requiring much less food but nearly the same care requirements. All we can really hope to see is an easier permit system. Have a great day all.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #10
winno
Thanks Ronald. It is a shame really but insaying that would never want then to be as easy to access a greens.
The cities is very confusing here to. i believe its intentionally made confusing as a deterant.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!