Incubator Discussion... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-19-2005, 03:56 PM   #11
mindcrash
Would it have to be a wine cooler? Would a plain old mini fridge work?

Old 01-19-2005, 04:04 PM   #12
montezuma
A plain ole mini fridge would work but a wine cooler has a window which means easier to view!

Old 01-19-2005, 07:30 PM   #13
Gregg M
A mini fridge will do fine..... I like the glass front on the wine fridge because I do not have to open the door every time I want to check on the eggs..... Less heat loss through out the incubation...... Ofcorse I have to open the containers once in a while for oxygen exchanges but the glass front makes it a bit easier and I feel it makes for better incubation not having to disturb the containers all the time....

Old 01-20-2005, 12:40 AM   #14
riverjop
Quote:
Originally Posted by montezuma
Very nice... I have thought of a wine cooler myself!!! Glad to see I am not alone in that thought (my wife thinks some of my ideas are a bit crazy!) I have used Hovabators in the past (I have 5 of them)but since moving to AZ I find the temp fluxes are HUGE! Last year I just kept the eggs in vermiculite filled containers in the hot reptile room since the temps were in the high 90's for females and others in the cool reptile room for incubating males since it is pretty stable around 83- 84 degrees. both worked out pretty good.

Gene don't you mean the hot room for males and the cooler room for the females?

Dang that wine cooler incubator is nice! I just don't know eggs? wine? eggs? wine? hmmmmm I'll have to think about that.....while I sip this glass of nice cab.

Old 01-20-2005, 12:55 AM   #15
montezuma
Actually Overton, I incubate my males low and my females high as I typed previously. I DID incorrectly type high 90's when I meant to type high 80's. My females are certainly incubated on the warmer side but I have AC and coolers in the room that keep the temps down so that I don't end up incubating "hot" females.

Old 01-20-2005, 01:24 AM   #16
riverjop
ok! LOL I was wondering?

Old 01-20-2005, 11:30 AM   #17
USAGECKOS
Gregg.....

Can you send one of those heated wine coolers my way???? LOL

I would love to have one of those. Unfortunately, I am not handly when it comes to electronics or stuff like that. Do you have instructions on how to do it?

Hovabators are ok if the temperature in the room is stable. Mine fluxuates +/- 3 or 4 degrees.

Old 01-20-2005, 01:12 PM   #18
leaftail
Ditto on being "not handy"!!!!! I would never trust an incubator made by me I'd have hard boiled eggs...

My hovabator fluctuates 2 degrees very predictably - I'm pretty happy with it.

Old 01-20-2005, 01:20 PM   #19
Gregg M
Jeanne, I can draw up plans, scan them and the send them over to you..... It cost me less than 100 bucks to build it...... It will be cheaper if you bargan hunt..... Money is no object to me....LOL..... I wish....

Old 01-20-2005, 01:39 PM   #20
mindcrash
Would you mind posting the plans to the forum so that we can all see them?

Thanks!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!