Bad Guy Brentwood Iguana-Unhealthy Stock + Deceptive Transaction - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-23-2018, 11:20 AM   #21
Baue6879
If you would have shipped them when you originally said you were going to none of this would have happened regarding the shipping incident. The problem isn’t the shipping though, but since that is your line of defense here is the counter to that. You had my money for weeks before you finally shipped them giving me odd excuses each time the weather permitted. Friday the 26th and Saturday the 27th of January 2018 were the only nights above freezing for the foreseeable future in Buffalo and if I would have left them in your care any longer the crimsons probably wouldn’t have survived from how rough of shape they were in and their reluctance to eat. Also, this was the matter of checking a single box to ship on Saturday.
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2018, 11:43 AM   #22
enharmonic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_G View Post
This. These animals did not miraculously degrade to the state pictured because they sat in a box for 3 days, sorry. Even if the buyer insisted on a specific ship date, it is YOUR responsibility to safeguard the safety of what you're sending. Could've taken the chargeback, posted about him being a crappy buyer, and then sold them to someone else. It's great that you offer refunds when people aren't happy, and yes it's hard to please everyone, but it doesn't excuse shipping stuff like that. Buck passing at it's finest.
^This.

You have a responsibility as the care taker of those animals to recognize a poor buyer, and refuse them service. Failure to do so is negligent and shows more care for the fast money than the animal, regardless of the hindsight refund. Has any proof been provided that the buyer genuinely bullied the seller into shipping under poor conditions? If it truly went down like that, I would consider each of them to be equally negligent in different ways and avoid both.

Proof is the key, of course.

Old 10-23-2018, 01:45 PM   #23
Brentwood Iguanas
I disagree, 3 days is a long time in a cold box with no food or water. Regardless I've sold most of the iguanas I needed to rehome but I've got incubators full of Rhino and green iguana albino eggs. In the future I'll take pictures of the iguanas the day before shipment goes out. If you want to see the condition of my iguanas check out brentwood iguanas on instagram.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:49 PM   #24
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood Iguanas View Post
I disagree, 3 days is a long time in a cold box with no food or water. Regardless I've sold most of the iguanas I needed to rehome but I've got incubators full of Rhino and green iguana albino eggs. In the future I'll take pictures of the iguanas the day before shipment goes out. If you want to see the condition of my iguanas check out brentwood iguanas on instagram.
Sounds like you are trying to turn this thread into an ad. Unfortunately for you there are pictures right here, showing the condition of your iguanas. They did not get that way in a couple days, with broken toes, etc.

This response from you shows how you deal with adversity, trying to divert attention away from the problem you caused.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:19 PM   #25
BobO'Booey
Sounds like Brentwood iguanas came up with a reasonable solution to prevent this from happening in the future. If you get a picture of the animal then you know what you are buying. Personally I would never and have never bought an animal without seeing it or getting a picture, and if I'm going to inject my two cents I would say that there are far more reputable sellers on here then not, and as a result we can sometimes get lax and not do our due diligence.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:54 PM   #26
Baue6879
These are the pictures of the crimsons he sent me... I did as much due diligence as I could with him being in LA and myself in Buffalo. There is always a level of trust when ordering anything online. This is why posting this BOI

Trust me I learned my lesson.
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2018, 03:58 PM   #27
Baue6879
Meant to send this one also.
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2018, 04:00 PM   #28
Baue6879
Lightbulb

And this one.
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2018, 04:41 PM   #29
Baue6879
This is what was received. Would you send an iguana back in this kind of shape?
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2018, 05:43 PM   #30
BobO'Booey
I wasn't saying that I thought you were wrong, I was just stating that pictures should be provided. It would have been a good idea to post those initially. And if I were in your position I wouldn't be happy, but if I am getting animals from somebody that has multiples I ask for pictures of the exact animal, and if it comes and it does not look anything like the photograph I contact them and try to resolve it if I get nothing then I take it to my bank and deal with it through the credit card. I'm sorry that happened to you, luckily there are enough good guys on here that these instances are few and far between compared to the good transactions that happen.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!