Bad Guy Reptilesncritters.com - Thieves - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
Chris Anderson
Quote:
Originally Posted by crespo72 View Post
The answer is no. I am not going to remove all of my images so I can vet each and everyone at once. This is something that you want me to do and I am not going to do it which is what I meant by by writing that I "can't please 100% of everyone".
So what you're saying is that you are unwilling to stop breaking the law? Glad we got that cleared up. What were you saying earlier about being labeled a criminal and a thief?

Chris

Old 06-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
crespo72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Anderson View Post
So what you're saying is that you are unwilling to stop breaking the law? Glad we got that cleared up. What were you saying earlier about being labeled a criminal and a thief?

Chris
It's not a question of my willingness to stop breaking the law or not, it a question of my time. It may take several weeks for me to vet all of these images. There is much work to be done to produce a catalog of what images I have that I own, verses what needs replacing. In the meantime the my website must serve it's audience. So to put in the more black and white language that apparently is the only type you can understand, I will not "stop breaking the law" until the work is completed. That may take the rest of June or longer as I have other responsibilities in my business but that's just what you are going to have to settle for. How do you know that I am going to actually make these needed changes? You don't really. Only time will tell if I am going to make good on this endeavor. One thing is certain, I don't have the budget in terms of time to respond to comments AND make updates to my websites. So with these remarks I am going to conclude this discussion (at least for me. I am sure you will all stew for days to come and keep this thread alive) and get to the more important work of removing all of the DMCA violations. If anyone would like to reach me they can do so through my website contact page.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #3
Chris Anderson
Quote:
It's not a question of my willingness to stop breaking the law or not, it a question of my time. It may take several weeks for me to vet all of these images. There is much work to be done to produce a catalog of what images I have that I own, verses what needs replacing. In the meantime the my website must serve it's audience. So to put in the more black and white language that apparently is the only type you can understand, I will not "stop breaking the law" until the work is completed.
Robert,

It takes no time to take your website offline until such a time as you are able to go through the photos on your site. What you are saying is you aren't going to stop breaking the law because you are in no hurry to stop making money using the photos you've taken illegally and are going to try to draw out their use.

Chris

Old 06-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #4
rcpreis3
Quote:
It's not a question of my willingness to stop breaking the law or not, it a question of my time. It may take several weeks for me to vet all of these images. There is much work to be done to produce a catalog of what images I have that I own, verses what needs replacing. In the meantime the my website must serve it's audience. So to put in the more black and white language that apparently is the only type you can understand, I will not "stop breaking the law" until the work is completed. That may take the rest of June or longer as I have other responsibilities in my business but that's just what you are going to have to settle for. How do you know that I am going to actually make these needed changes? You don't really. Only time will tell if I am going to make good on this endeavor. One thing is certain, I don't have the budget in terms of time to respond to comments AND make updates to my websites. So with these remarks I am going to conclude this discussion (at least for me. I am sure you will all stew for days to come and keep this thread alive) and get to the more important work of removing all of the DMCA violations. If anyone would like to reach me they can do so through my website contact page.
For someone who went to school for graphic design ur not very productive if it takes several weeks to delete, and then copy/paste some new pictures up. My sisters do about a hundred pictures a day on facebook. No wonder u have to flip animals. And to everyone out there who has their pics stolen and has asked for their removal, now is the time to call a lawyer because he blantly and simply stated he will not comply with the law. Hope u enjoy being broke!

Old 06-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #5
MDC_Ophiuchus
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3 View Post
For someone who went to school for graphic design ur not very productive if it takes several weeks to delete, and then copy/paste some new pictures up. My sisters do about a hundred pictures a day on facebook. No wonder u have to flip animals. And to everyone out there who has their pics stolen and has asked for their removal, now is the time to call a lawyer because he blantly and simply stated he will not comply with the law. Hope u enjoy being broke!
No kidding. I'm a graphic designer, and even with a newborn baby that I have to help bottlefeed every few hours, I can knock a few hundred photos done in one night.

Quote:
One thing is certain, I don't have the budget in terms of time to respond to comments AND make updates to my websites.
Budget, my left toe. All you do is sit at home and wait and hope for someone to send you money. Get off your lazy, thieving butt and start removing the photos. That is the best course of action for you now. You're not going to change anyone's opinion, so there's no sense in continuing to keep coming back on here and failing miserably to deflect the heat off yourself. You're not fooling anyone, and the only other thing you achieve is making sure this thread stays at the top!

Just shut up and delete the pics that aren't yours.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #6
Show Me
Quote:
Not having time is not a excuse for breaking the law! Take down the whole website until you clean it up. Your not serving a audience your just interested in padding your pockets!!! I hope you get your behind sued so hard and you lose everything!!!

Old 06-02-2011, 02:37 PM   #7
East_Coast
Quote:

The ethical thing to do, since you know you are making sales based on the work of others, is to take your whole site down, fix it, and then put it back up.

Probably out of the question because you are you... but that is the right thing to do.

"all for one and that's me," right Robert?

Old 06-02-2011, 07:27 PM   #8
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Your time? What else do you have to do.... it's not like you have to feed and clean animals.

The problem is... you don't want to. I'd love to see some of these folks take you to court. The fact that this is the second time some have requested you to take down their images proves a willingness to violate copyright laws.

Quite frankly... I'd love to see the outcome because the settlement the judge would hand down would prolly put you out of business.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #9
Chris Anderson
Quote:
The answer is no. I am not going to remove all of my images so I can vet each and everyone at once. This is something that you want me to do and I am not going to do it which is what I meant by by writing that I "can't please 100% of everyone".
Also, they are not your images.

Chris

Old 06-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #10
rcpreis3
Quote:
Question: Do any of you actually have a job? Or is this forum and this nasty thread now everyone's job? If you are at your jobs, do you think that this constant attention to this forum would constitute theft of time? Just a thought.
Your lucky enough to catch me on my day off.