Import/Export Ball Pythons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-26-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
Cp3_Pythons
Import/Export Ball Pythons

I wasn't sure as where to put this. But it seems as it should fit here as the topic is related to Ball Pythons (But if any Mods feel the need to move the thread to a more suitable area please do so)

Im wondering if anyone has any information on getting Ball Pythons Imported? Or if they know of anyone that currently exports Ball Pythons into the US.
I've tried accessing sites where to get information about having Bp's Imported But Im having no luck finding out any information thats useful.

Here's the problem if it helps Im looking to get a good amount of Bp's Im looking for color and pattern Everyone Ive talked to can get me the quanity I want yet I cant hand pick the ones I want... I want/need to hand pick the ones I want as Im looking for color and pattern. So I figure If I can find an Importer/Exporter I'll just have them order more/deliver more so I can hand pick the ones I like that suite what Im looking for

Old 11-26-2010, 11:19 PM   #2
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp3_Pythons View Post
I wasn't sure as where to put this. But it seems as it should fit here as the topic is related to Ball Pythons (But if any Mods feel the need to move the thread to a more suitable area please do so)

Im wondering if anyone has any information on getting Ball Pythons Imported? Or if they know of anyone that currently exports Ball Pythons into the US.
I've tried accessing sites where to get information about having Bp's Imported But Im having no luck finding out any information thats useful.

Here's the problem if it helps Im looking to get a good amount of Bp's Im looking for color and pattern Everyone Ive talked to can get me the quanity I want yet I cant hand pick the ones I want... I want/need to hand pick the ones I want as Im looking for color and pattern. So I figure If I can find an Importer/Exporter I'll just have them order more/deliver more so I can hand pick the ones I like that suite what Im looking for
Try contacting Mike Cole at Ballroom Pythons in Florida or Ben Siegel in Florida. They can probably hook you up with a crate of unopened bags once they arrive. You will get the crate (gonna be a bit pricey) but you won't be able to sort thru the shipment. What you get in your crate will be what you get. Since they are doing the importing, they will want to be able to sort thru. You may get lucky with your crate, you may not.

Old 11-27-2010, 03:03 AM   #3
Cp3_Pythons
Steve,
Thanks for the input, I in all honesty only want or am looking for about 15-20 But im looking for color and pattern. So I figured it would be in best intrest and give me more of a selection to choose from to order/get a few hundred. I breifly looked into having things imported but lets just say at this point in time I dont want to go that route unless absolutly needed.

Old 11-27-2010, 07:37 AM   #4
irishanaconda
everyone else is looking for the best price, color, and pattern too with as many captive bred babbies as everyone is producing... there are not nearly as many importers/exporters needed. U know even the un opened bags that are arrived here get looked over tooth and nail in africa right? Its a cool thought to get some neat dinkers and try to prove out some new color mutation or pattern but buying 200 normals and keeping 20 cause they have a certian marker is kind of crazy to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp3_Pythons View Post
Steve,
Thanks for the input, I in all honesty only want or am looking for about 15-20 But im looking for color and pattern. So I figured it would be in best intrest and give me more of a selection to choose from to order/get a few hundred. I breifly looked into having things imported but lets just say at this point in time I dont want to go that route unless absolutly needed.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:01 AM   #5
FireStorm
Honestly, I think for that small of a quantity your best bet is to just look around until you find normals you like and buy them individually. I've gotten some nice normals that way...just checking shows, classifieds, and from people selling CH babies. I agree w/ Steve - check with Michael Cole or Ben Siegle. They often have CH babies for sale, and sometimes they have some nice ones....

Old 11-27-2010, 10:33 AM   #6
bkline
Yes I agree. Another one to try is outback reptiles. Plus they do va md and pa shows and I believe long island but that's a haul for you.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:03 AM   #7
Daequix
I have to agree with the others, and wish I had some info for you on this too-- however I've really found some interesting looking beauties from keeping a close eye on ads, and Outback is a good idea, I haven't dealt with them personally but I know a few who have and were happy with their business

Best of luck!

Old 11-27-2010, 01:40 PM   #8
Cp3_Pythons
Outback is a good one as they can get me the quanity no problem But I can't Pick the ones I want (With there grab bag when they start importing 10 Bps per bag) and there's no guarentee that there's a female in there. I've been keeping a close eye on ads but yet have found nothing. Im willng to spend the money for what I want but I want to pick out what I want. If it cost's a little extra thats fine as long as I can pick out the ones I want.
Outback doesn't really let people inside their facility although Im sure Josh could nail what Im looking for without a problem. I still want to see the ones being picked out to ensure there what Im looking for.
So it came to two choices find an Importer and deal with them or Import yourself well I dont at this time have the resources needed to Import Nor the space to put a Wholesale lot of Imports either (although the garage is empty LoL)
I did pick up a few Bush Babies from Outback at the Show earlier this year they had several tubs with a few inside the only problem is from the 200 or so they had available I was only able to find 3 that where what I wanted/was looking for...

Old 11-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #9
Cp3_Pythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishanaconda View Post
everyone else is looking for the best price, color, and pattern too with as many captive bred babbies as everyone is producing... there are not nearly as many importers/exporters needed. U know even the un opened bags that are arrived here get looked over tooth and nail in africa right? Its a cool thought to get some neat dinkers and try to prove out some new color mutation or pattern but buying 200 normals and keeping 20 cause they have a certian marker is kind of crazy to me.

Yup sounds Crazy to me as well But If I get what Im looking for is it that crazy?? Yea I know before there shipped here that the people that are packaging them are overlooking them and looking for odd colors and patterns.
But So am I...

Old 12-03-2010, 09:24 AM   #10
FireStorm
I'm thinking its going to be nearly impossible to find an importer that's going to let you sit there and pick through the crates while they are being opened. 15-20 BPs isn't really wholesale, and it's just going to be a hassle for the importer. Maybe tell them what you're looking for and have them pull babies for you. I've got a few people I know and trust enough that I will buy sight unseen from them... I know it's not what you really want but it might be your best bet.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!