Another food controversy - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:30 PM   #11
snowgyre
Food import/export itself is fairly normal. For example, the majority of our pecans are shipped to Asia because frying in pecan oil has become really popular. In New Zealand I couldn't actually buy any mutton or lamb because most of sheep meat is exported.

Buying local is always a better idea though. Local farmers markets are great.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:44 PM   #12
WebSlave
Yeah, but the thing is, you get someone from the midwest visiting the Gulf of Mexico area who stop in at a local restaurant sitting right at the edge of the water. So without asking the source of the items on the menu, they order a seafood dinner. What are they assuming?

I ALWAYS ask. And I know I've been lied to.

Oh and to anyone who likes to eat "farm raised" seafood, do yourself a favor and find out what "farm raised" really means.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!