kingsnake behaviour / help needed - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2006, 01:13 PM   #1
KINGLIA
Exclamation kingsnake behaviour / help needed

hello im miro a 29 y old girl from stockholm
im new here. i need some help and advice
if there s anybody here that knows about behaviour
of the kalifornia kingsnake i would appreciate your advise.

i have a male and female california kingsnakes desert phase, i bought them last september when they were 2 months old and i think im takin quite good care of them

(let me say first of all im not sure yet the male is the male and the female is the female as they are too small to check the sex, at what age can i do that?)

but the thing is they are very different, the male is really calm and almost
never moves he stays under his stone all the time but the female is crazy, jumps and runs a LOT and in the last period more then ever she is movin all day for many hours tryin to climb the glass of the terrarium fallin all the time and is a very strange behaviour, she s always like that, is that normal? im afraid she s gonna hurt herself falling,she is doin this all day long, im starting to think something might be wrong?
can anybody tell me if this is normal?
i tried puttin brunches but she ignored them, she is like tryin to get out
climbing the glass in height only, really weird, i don t know what to to calm her down..she eats regularly and never had any problems..

can somebody please let me know if i have to worry?
thank you a lot
miro